Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends and roommates saying I should go with NZXT Kraken X72 / Z73. Some others saying Corsair H150i Pro is better. I'm aiming to OC a I7 9700k to 5ghz. I was going to use NH-D15 or NH-U12A but I heard they only compare with 260-280mm rads. 360 Would beat even the biggest and best air coolers right?. I know open/custom loop is best but what is my best option for AIO?. Thanks.

·
AMD fan
1,839 Posts
For aesthetics, the NZXT and Asus OLED models are a great choice. For actual performance, the arctic liquid freezer II 360mm is probably the best considering that the fans that come stock with it are super close to noctua fans, in terms of noise, at similar rpm and they move a ton of air.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,099 Posts
an Astek AIO isn't going to necessarily beat an air cooler. It might but it depends on way too many variables for anyone to tell you with the (lack of) information you gave (and even if you did give info on your setup you'd need to find someone with an identical setup who tested both an air cooler and an AIO).

if you have terrible case airflow and you mount the AIO in the front you'll probably get better temps with an AIO, if you have good airflow and/or mount the AIO up top then a high end air cooler is likely to perform as well or better.

the only difference between the majority of them is the included fans, get one that uses a Gen6 Asetek pump and otherwise buy whatever is the cheapest if you're going to swap the fans and buy whatever has the best fans if you don't plan to.

a 360 also generally doesn't out perform a 280 either. the limitations on CLC AIOs isn't radiator size, it's flow rate. throwing more radiator size at the problem doesn't do a whole lot.

Attachments

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Best AiO - Alphacool Eisbaer Black and Liquid Freezer II, everything else is inferior.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,071 Posts
Best AiO - Alphacool Eisbaer Black and Liquid Freezer II, everything else is inferior.
Add the Swiftech H360 X3 to that, sir, then simply discard the rest.

·
Premium Member
10,020 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Noctua D15 beats 240-280mm AIOs for sure. Most newer 360mm do just slightly better than D15 only...

The absolute best performing 360mm is the Arctic liquid freezer II 360mm. It beats even custom loops according to some user reviews. No RGB though...

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 for sure. It's significantly better than the NH-D15 (i have both and the D15 has two industrial 3000 RPM fans).

·
Car Nerd
53 Posts
Swiftech seems like the only AIO worth it to me. Comes with a real pump, real radiator and a decent block. Seems pretty good for about $170 US.

·
Overclock the World
1,885 Posts
+1 for Swiftech H360 X3 and Alphacool Gear, especially the new Aurora (reworked eisbear)
Wouldn't touch mixed metals with a far pole anymore, as even if you can slow down oxidation - you can't redefine physics ^^'

Else in 2 months the new one from InWin and the new ROG one (both full copper)
After the industry revives itself back

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,071 Posts
Noctua D15 beats 240-280mm AIOs for sure. Most newer 360mm do just slightly better than D15 only...

The absolute best performing 360mm is the Arctic liquid freezer II 360mm. It beats even custom loops according to some user reviews. No RGB though...
The Liquid Freezer II is unquestionably the best of the CLCs. If it is outperforming a custom loop in a test, however, that is more a testament of a really borked custom loop than the achievement of the Arctic. Reality is important.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Swiftech seems like the only AIO worth it to me. Comes with a real pump, real radiator and a decent block. Seems pretty good for about $170 US.
except its expensive, not actually any better than what is out there, has limited fitment due to pump location. Also real radiator lol seriously? rads are made from alu, brass and copper. One material doesn't make it any more or less real.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,099 Posts

·
Car Nerd
53 Posts
Also real radiator lol seriously?
I don't follow. It mounts on the top or front of a case like any other radiator?

Also if $170 is expensive for a water cooling loop I think you might be in the wrong hobby.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I don't follow. It mounts on the top or front of a case like any other radiator?

Also if $170 is expensive for a water cooling loop I think you might be in the wrong hobby.

my system is custom water cooled. The swifttech is expensive for an AIO when you can get the arctic freezer II for half the price. Also good luck installing that on the top of a case.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,071 Posts

Ah....I see you're new here....some questions and/or facts are better not directed to some fanboys users.

Of course it mounts on top or front like any other rad. People who have never laid hands on one, or even been in the same room with one, probably aren't the best judges of how it works and can or can't mount...or what it's capabilities are. Your suggestion of the Swiftech is top notch, especially for anyone who may be looking to expand the loop in the future. Just kind of pity the included fans are woefully tilted to looks instead of performance.

·
Overclock the World
1,885 Posts
165$ is not a lot for a full copper AIO
190$ is around Alphacools Aurora pricetag if we keep in mind the low $ value right now

But of course Aluminum is cheaper

1 - 20 of 74 Posts