Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P4, so i am interested in only knowing the scores for a P4 machine. I know AMD's can freak me out if i hear the scores...but please post some of your 3dmark03/05 scores with the specs of your m/c

My specs:
Air cooling
P4 3.4ghz @ 3.7ghz
1gb PC3200 DDR - no Overclocking at this moment
BFG 6600GT OCed to 570/1190 Mhz

3dMark03 : 3505
3dMark05 : 9110

Trying to see if i can get this any higher..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulmind
I have a P4, so i am interested in only knowing the scores for a P4 machine. I know AMD's can freak me out if i hear the scores...but please post some of your 3dmark03/05 scores with the specs of your m/c

My specs:
Air cooling
P4 3.4ghz @ 3.7ghz
1gb PC3200 DDR - no Overclocking at this moment
BFG 6600GT OCed to 570/1190 Mhz

3dMark03 : 3505
3dMark05 : 9110

Trying to see if i can get this any higher..
You got your benchmarks the wrong way round mate, either that or I need to buy a 6600GT!

·
Registered
235 Posts
hehe, kinda caught me by surprise after seeing the rig, and then reading the scores... yea, those are pretty good for whatcha got (i only know '03 scores since I can't get '05 running right on my rig)

i've got about 2200 points over your '03 score, so i think there may be a little more room for improvement for you.

edit- WOW! i just realized what your card is clocked to, thats insane! lol, i like it, especially if its running stable for you, no heatspiking or artifacting, hiccups or flickers. maybe there isn't much more room for improvement.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GateCrasher_VI

hehe, kinda caught me by surprise after seeing the rig, and then reading the scores... yea, those are pretty good for whatcha got (i only know '03 scores since I can't get '05 running right on my rig)

i've got about 2200 points over your '03 score, so i think there may be a little more room for improvement for you.

edit- WOW! i just realized what your card is clocked to, thats insane! lol, i like it, especially if its running stable for you, no heatspiking or artifacting, hiccups or flickers. maybe there isn't much more room for improvement.

Thanks for the reply.

I havent updated my profile, as my ATI card got toasted a couple of months ago. The 6600 GT OC card comes out of the box 525/1050 (already OCed by BFG). I will see if I can do some memory clocking, vcore voltages, etc and see if I can push the score up.

Are most people in this forum using 3dmark pro or the demo version. I have the pro version, so I ran all the tests. I dont know if the demo version (since it has less tests) gives you more score compared to the pro version. ??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1
You got your benchmarks the wrong way round mate, either that or I need to buy a 6600GT!

Sorry guys..You are right. I typed the post too fast. I got the values flipped LOL..thanks for pointing that out.

3dmark03 : 9110
3dmark05 : 3505

I bet my first post did pop some of you all's eyes - 6600 GT with 3dMark05 score of 9110 ??? - BS.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Your scores aren't bad at all, as GateCrasher pointed out there's a bit of room for improvement but if you can't get them any higher it wouldnt be anything to worry about, those are good scores as they are for a 6600.

Start playing with drivers and see how far you can get it to stabily overclock, you could see some nice gains!

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,931 Posts
dang, up that cpu to and 3.6 GHz EE, 2GB RAM, x800XT, and you will be in heaven.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by klewiss

dang, up that cpu to and 3.6 GHz EE, 2GB RAM, x800XT, and you will be in heaven.

The EE edition definitely looks like heaven..but thinking about costs i think i can live in hell
LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatewaki
I have 12500+ 3Dmark03 with my setup, forgot what 3DMark05 is
Thats wonderful!!

But I see you got a PCI Xpress version isnt it ?? And also X850XT - Platinum edition...that would have cost you some bucks!!!

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,931 Posts
better yet, change your mobo to a DFI LANPARTY 2 and get an AMD FX-55! then it will KICK @$$!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by klewiss

better yet, change your mobo to a DFI LANPARTY 2 and get an AMD FX-55! then it will KICK @$$!

After spending this much money on my PC, i feel like i shud have got a AMD after all.

I changed a few settings today.

CPU - No overclocking - 3.4 Ghz
Memory timings - 2-3-3-5
GPU Core/Memory - 579Mhz/1190 Mhz

3dMark2001SE scores is 18859.
About to test 3dmark03/05 tests.

Is this a good score ?
http://service.futuremark.com/servle...jectId=8421751

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
wrong link dont take us to your score, and for ref, with some tweaking you should be able to crack 4k on 05

1 - 13 of 13 Posts