Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is the deal. I paid slowputer for his newark and just got a return for the money. Someone broke into his home and took more of his things along with my cpu. Now I need to find a good cpu that will OC better then my 3400 clawhammer. Any imput would be helpful rightnow. I have sold my cpu to waxshop and now I need one. must be under 200.00

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
4000 Newark is THE BEST 754 CPU out there.
Edit:
Oh, you should have said under $200 in the title...
In that case, you should look into a Turion.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

i would look into gettign a turion.....

Agreed, I would get this for under 200, above that, this

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have a athlon 64 3000+ venice core and it only cost me $130! its stays nice and cool.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2
The Venice E6 isn't a bad processor either, but you would have more luck with a Turion w/1mb of L2 cache.

Give me a link please. I just feel sick rightnow over all of this and I also feel so bad for slowputer. Also how ell will it OC on air and then water. Will have my W/C up and running this week I hope any way with my luck right now

·
Banned
4,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrabb1920
Turion's & 3700 newarks are very hard to find.
Yup, I think that both of em are "Paper Thin" when it comes to powering them around.

I think Turions have problems with high voltage even though most of them dont need it.

Newarks I recommend 100% except you need to be connected to get one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
what about the 3700+ ? Isnt this the best processor at 2.4 Gz? Clawhammer core I think, not sure. Which CPU can you get the most overclockablitly out of. Can any 754 cpu reach the 3Ghz mark?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts