Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting a new cpu cooler, which out of these is better, and what tempretures should i get with them on a P4 550 socket 775 3.4ghz

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu

Zalman CNPS9500-Cu LED

Thermaltake Big Typhoon CL-P0114

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2
The Big Typhoon is currently the best air cooler on the market, it is also a lot cheaper than the CNPS9500-Cu.
^^Big Typhoon is the best available along with the XP-120

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so big typhoon will beat the 2 zalman coolers in idle and load temp? cuase my blueorb 2, the screw are a bit lose on it, cuase the threads on the screws came off so i welded the screws on, and they move a bit still, so should i buy a big typhoon over the 2 valman coolers?

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyther
so big typhoon will beat the 2 zalman coolers in idle and load temp? cuase my blueorb 2, the screw are a bit lose on it, cuase the threads on the screws came off so i welded the screws on, and they move a bit still, so should i buy a big typhoon over the 2 valman coolers?
Yes, the BigTyphoon will beat both Zalman coolers, idle and load.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i need to know if the big tyhpoon will fit in my case, i got a asus p5ld2 deluxe mobo, thermaltake tsunami dream, i can fit a blue orb 2 in my case so could i fit a big typhoon?

blue orb 2:
Heatsink Dimension 140mmx66mm
Fan Dimension 120mmx24.3 mm

big typhoon:
Heatsink Dimension 122 x 122 x 103 mm
Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
The best IMO is the Tuniq Tower 120, it's what I'm using and it beats the Big typhoon(in tests) havnet tried both together personally, but I can tell you that the Tuniq rocks...it's big, but not too heavy. It should fit, but uhh, dont quote me on that. But if you want the best in aircooling, this is it

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyther

would the big typhoon beat the blue orb 2?

well would the big typoon give me lower idle and load temps then a blue orb 2?

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
The BT is definitely a good cooler. I would get one for my system, except it would be overkill for an XP 2000+. My CPU never goes above around 49C anyway. Besides, you can always slap a high-performance 12cm fan on it to get even better results. People make 100+ CFM fans that aren't too too noisy, but it would give you a cool CPU.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I just installed the BT, and AS5, my temps dropped immediately 10°c to 12°c. I was getting temps of 56°c to 59°c at load with 10% OC, now with 25%+OC, my load temps are 41°c to 43°c and idle of 32°c. Installation was more than I thought, you have to remove the motherboard. But all in all, it was easy. In my opinion, the Big typhoon rocks. BTW, that is with the stock fan on the BT, I am probably going to upgrade that too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i read a test a while ago which reviewed big typhoon, cnps9500, xp-120 and a few others. the zalman and big typhpoon came out top (both idled at same temp but bt was 2deg lower at full load). however they said zalman was much quieter and won their vote as the horizontal arrangement expells warms air straight out the back of the case whereas the big typhoon blows the heat around more and can heat up nb and gpu etc.

i bought the zalman and have been very pleased with it. it keeps my prescott with a 25% oc at 43C idle and 58C full load (27C room temp)

only thing bad is the price

1 - 20 of 42 Posts