Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a month or so, ill be getting 2 470s and i want to know which board to get, since my mobo now is a POS.

I was thinking of the EP45-UD3P or P5Q with SLI hack, but i find out that the hack don't support 470s SLI yet.

Im thinking of the EVGA b-stock 750i SLI FTW.

anyone else have better mobo to suggest?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Haha, the B-Stock from EVGA looks like your best bet for cost-effective SLI. I'd buy the 750i FTW if I was in need of a motherboard at the moment, too. Better than buying a brand new motherboard for $120, at least.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can only recommend getting a EVGA 750i FTW or a 780i FTW if you can find one (the difference between the 2 are additional Pcie, Sata and Ethernet ports on the 780i)

I recently upgraded from a Asus P5n32e SLI to a 750i FTW I found for 70$ and the difference in overclocking potential was definitely worth the price...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
you can get the 750i at geeks.com for $50 (refurb tho).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kora04 View Post
you can get the 750i at geeks.com for $50 (refurb tho).
yea, im probably getting the 750i FTW one at EVGA for $45

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by redhat_ownage View Post
i would go with a p45 board over a nvidia based board
nvidias chipsets are garbage
I would so go for the EP45-UD3P if the SLI hacks let me SLI 460s or 470s.

·
Tinkers With Rigs
1,154 Posts
UD3P with SLI hack?

Edit: DOh! You beat me

·
Registered
369 Posts
750i ftw evga with a homemade Benching Station

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
The 780i and the 790i Ultra are the best "supported" SLI board for that socket. I had an XFX 750i and the thing degraded faster than my eyes staring into the sun with a magnifying lens.

·
Registered
493 Posts
@metallicamaster3 - Really? I always thought that the 750i ftw were better than the 780i and 790i because it overclocked better but I might be mistaken. It's been a while since I looked at the chipset.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckYy View Post
@metallicamaster3 - Really? I always thought that the 750i ftw were better than the 780i and 790i because it overclocked better but I might be mistaken. It's been a while since I looked at the chipset.
The EVGA 750i FTW were good boards, the XFX one I had though was pretty bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts