Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
The 7800GS should be coming out any day....and it's worth waiting for, especially over a 6800GS.

ATM the X850XT is the fastest AGP card, until the 7800 comes out

·
Need moar megahertz
852 Posts
"NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS AGP-based graphics cards will be available for purchase at Best Buy stores and on www.bestbuy.com, as well as at CompUSA stores on Sunday, February 5, 2006 in North America. Worldwide availability from leading e-tailers such as Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, and ZipZoomFly.com will be on the following day."

You can get it tomorrow

·
Registered
415 Posts
the fastest available AGP cards 6800 ultra X850XT PE or 7800GS..i would go with either the 6800 or 7800 because they support future technology however the 6800 is probably more expensive then the 7800 and once you OC the 7800GS it will probably tear up the ultra

·
Registered
586 Posts
7800gs (even stock its faster than the ultra btw rockin), but its not being retailled yet(@GT!'s nice comment), if you check on the evga site (usually where it will be available first). If you're really interested, visit the evga site, click on the link for the card you're interested in, and click on the "notify me" button and it will notify you by email when the card is available for purcahse.

GL!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
the 7800gs is out at several places but almost all are sold out evga sold out within a few hours of release evga is selling it for 350 usd i'm not sure what the other places are charging here's a link to evga's site they several versions of the card http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...5-AX&family=22

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
I'd seriously consider getting a 7800GS if it weren't for the fact that I have no money and it would be bottlenecked by my system severely. By the time I upgrade my entire system, it'll be PCIe for me.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I wonder what kind of increases it will be over the 6800GT......No matter in getting it right now for me because my CPU will bottleneck it like crazy....

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider_2001
I wonder what kind of increases it will be over the 6800GT......No matter in getting it right now for me because my CPU will bottleneck it like crazy....

read up !
http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/319/1

same amount of pixel/shader units, however the gpu is 25mhz faster and the memory is 200mhz faster (ddr effective speed). From what i gathered, running at lower resolutions it peroforms neck and neck with the 6800gt/ultra, but at higher resolution with more options enabled (especially if the game is running shader model 3.0) the card is way faster due to better architecture and newer gpu generation.

edit: not to mention the overclocking capabilities...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts