8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies!

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktmrida4life View Post
He said AIR COOLING. Were also in the AIR COOLING forum...

I'd say the megahalems.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. H50 would definitely classify more as an "air cooler" since it is a closed-loop, non-customizable water cooling solution that performs on par with air coolers. I know it has water in it, but it is not your traditional water cooling setup.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
non-customizable water cooling solution
Yeah, it's not an air cooler. An air cooler relies solely on heatpipes and/or fins with a fan blowing out the heat to cool the CPU, which is a lot different than how a water cooling solution works. Like it or not, closed or not, the H50 is water cooling; that's all there is to it.

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
Yeah, it's not an air cooler. An air cooler relies solely on heatpipes and/or fins with a fan blowing out the heat to cool the CPU, which is a lot different than how a water cooling solution works. Like it or not, closed or not, the H50 is water cooling; that's all there is to it.
Honestly, it's really the redheaded stepchild of cooling. It doesn't fit with the air coolers and the water coolers hate it.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Noctua NH-D14

Mugen 2 is great for price/performance though.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Go with Megahalems or Dark Knight, also as the other guy said Corsair H50 is ace

lolz @ Coolermaster V10 = NO

·
Registered
511 Posts
What's wrong with the Palit frog? And yea, I was JK with that POS v10. The DK is a nice cooler. I'm using it on my 955 right now. It's really cheap right now on newegg, comparing to when I bought it =\\.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
For horizontal mounting, the Mugen 2 and the Coolermaster 212+ work. Megahalems would be the absolute best, but would require you to buy a fan and an AM3 mount to mount it horizontally.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
+1 for the H50.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
Honestly, it's really the redheaded stepchild of cooling. It doesn't fit with the air coolers and the water coolers hate it.
lol! almost worthy of sigging.

I still see the H50 as watercooling...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts