Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best air cooler for a smaller case? Im talking smaller than mid-tower. I have a buddy that wants a well built, overclockable system but he doesn't have the room for any of the giant cases most people use these days. He has purchased a very well ventilated small case, but we lack the room for one of those giant tower CPU coolers like the Zigmateck and the T.R.U.E. What is the best small cooler? I know it wont be as good as the giants, but that's not really the issue. We are just looking for the best of the best, of the small.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
mine is a very good seze and has great cooling capacity

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I'd go with the AC7 pro, or one like mine. Its a tiny bit bigger than a stock cooler but pure copper, works great if you don't mind the noise.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
cut a hole in the side of the case

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
lol. on a more serious note. what kind of OC'ing does he plan on doing? and what chip?

I have some spares laying around if ya want...Zalman 9500 and a 9700. So depending on size I guess.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's going to be an intel e8300. We figure it will run at least 3.6 Ghz. Apparently his boss is some kind of goober that was just going to throw a whole system away cause someone else told him it was "old".
That's how we got the system, and we are just going to keep the case, the hard drive, the CPU, and the disc drives. All we need to buy is a decent OC'ing motherboard, a small CPU cooler, a decent GPU and a decent PSU. It will come out being pretty cheap since we got a lot of the equipment for free lol. We modified the case to have a few more fans, and he painted it up really nice and it actually looks really good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts