Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why do you need this "best airflow"? I know from my own experiments and experience of others that you don't need the best airflow unless you're doing some crazy overclocking and running 3 GPUs close together and even then liquid cooling is what you want more than 100% perfect airflow.

Just get any case that has a decent air flow design with between 1 in 1 out and 2 in 2 out fan setup. You can go beyond that if you want. I had a Corsair 500R with 5 in and 3 out at one point. It's just silly really.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

The Corsair Air 540, although it's a little over $100.
You MIGHT run into HDD running a bit hotter then you want, though, with the second chamber not having any airflow.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka13 View Post

You MIGHT run into HDD running a bit hotter then you want, though, with the second chamber not having any airflow.
or just use the case as intended and don't mount HDDs in the second chamber. (unless you meant SSDs)

·
To The Game
7,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

can't decide.. in a pickle.. need advice.. so lost and so many options
My suggestion would be a case with a spot to mount a side intake fan.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post

or just use the case as intended and don't mount HDDs in the second chamber. (unless you meant SSDs)
I surely wouldnt run any sort of data storage on plastic easily-removable trays. Its asking for an accidental disconnection or static discharge. I still liked the case for the time I had it.
thumb.gif

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
My top 3 choices (There is Corsair Air540, but poorly built. So I wont recommend it.)
NZXT S340
Fractal Define S
Phanteks P400

All 3 supports 2x 140mm front intake without anything blocking direct airflow.

·
生き甲斐がない
446 Posts
I have the S340 and it's awesome. More than enough airflow for an i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz and 980ti @ 1.4GHz on stock cooler.

Absolutely beautiful case, too. Can post pics if it may help you make a decision.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Vouching for the S340 as well. Two filtered 140mm intakes blowing unobstructed at your CPU and video card(s).

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

Review is useless, as there is no info on what was used for fans in the case. As the S340 do not come with any in the front.
You are right. Bit-tech usually has good reviews but this is useless indeed.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
A little over and or sometimes you can get it for $100 is the Cooler Master Mastercase 5. The Define S from fractal is also good.

The Corsair 400c seems to net good results also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts