Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , I was on Google just a sec. ago , looked something up , and I noticed all the Yahoo! threads , have this " Best Answer " thing. I think it's chosen bij the TS ( Thread Starter ) or what ? I think this would be a good idea for OCN. Because there alot threads that just go on and on about a problem that has been solved months...

So I'd say let the TS choose the best answer to avoid people trying to be clever and to avoid some threads having 1000 pages which actually has 999 useless pages...

Anyone in for it ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah pretty good idea. +1

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Good idea, I wholeheartedly agree!

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Well, on some more obscure topics you get a lot of people who are spouting the wrong info, so I could see where that system would actually in a few cases lead to people finding the wrong info.

Also, the rep system partially covers this, as people with more rep may be more helpful than those with less (not true all the time of course) but really I think people should put the posts out there and let the OP/other readers make up their own mind and try stuff out themselves without relying on some community picked "best answer"

Final point: Do we really want to be copying anything from Yahoo Answers, the worst forum on the web?

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
I'm sure there would be a lot of incorrect answers chosen as the "Best Answer" - especially since a lot of people tend to base their "correct" answers on personal opinion or experience rather than fact.

It might be a nice feature but I think it would get abused too much.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know. That's why only the TS can choose the Best Anwer. If the TS is questioning of how to install something , and someone links a good guide or something , that should be the Best Answer. Remember , the Best Answer is for the TS , not for everyone who has about the same problem. There could be hundreds of solutions.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
I don't like this idea. Same reasons as Slider

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post
I really like this idea. Maybe Best Answer gets +2 rep :O
I'm not sure about the reputation thing. I think it would be abused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominique120 View Post
cool idea +1
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by /Ben
View Post

I'm not sure about the reputation thing. I think it would be abused.

yes in deed it would get abused

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't like this.

Like, if someone posts an awesome answer, but the OP has a grudge against the awesome answerer, that answer won't be voted the best when it should be... y'know what I'm trying to say?

And besides, all answers are good if they help anyway.. thats what rep is for

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.