Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Could someone recommend me a very good anti-spyware/malware programme.
I'v been looking at spyware doctor 2010 and malwarebytes. I currently have Spybot S&D, i feel like i need something more.
I have the anti-virus side of things covered with Avast. So i just need a standalone app.
Any recommendations?
Also i have no limit to my budget so i dont mind paying for it.

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Your right index finger is your best protection

(OT, I am not sure. I used to use adaware and spy-bot, but for the last few years I have run nother but Avast with no problems)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by dralb
View Post

Your right index finger is your best protection

(OT, I am not sure. I used to use adaware and spy-bot, but for the last few years I have run nother but Avast with no problems)

Yes i am aware that it is the best protection, but other family members are using my computer as well, just want to make sure that nothing nasty get on it, they arnt exactly tech savvy.

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick92
View Post

Yes i am aware that it is the best protection, but other family members are using my computer as well, just want to make sure that nothing nasty get on it, they arnt exactly tech savvy.

I hear that. Smart browsing habits are the hardest thing to teach.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
I run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware once a week and use Spyware Blaster. Also, use Firefox rather than IE and access the internet through a router or other hardware firewall.

• Rep+
Reactions: Patrick92

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Phaedrus2129 and dralb
+rep
Edit: Thanks hitman1985 +rep

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,521 Posts
avira (freeav.com) + malwarebytes anti malware. both freeware and with both of the apps installed i have not gotten a virus in 3 yrs so far
knock on wood

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman1985
View Post

avira (freeav.com) + malwarebytes anti malware. both freeware and with both of the apps installed i have not gotten a virus in 3 yrs so far
knock on wood

This is what I use and haven't had a problem in a long time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts