Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know I am going to have 20 people tell me to used distilled water, I know I know I know. My question is not whether I should use it, but which is the safest and most recommended, basically which coolant has had the least amount of problems with the die separating from the water/coolant. I am afraid of premochill's dye, I want a blood red color and they have it but I have heard to many bad stories about them is there something else? Blood red? Not bright red, pink, or anything like that, looks ugly.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
UV Reactive or not?

Feser coolant is pretty good. Dyes are fine as long as you periodically drain and refill your loop. (3 month intervals)

Any reason why you can't use distilled + Blood Red Tubing? You could even get a res made from blood red acrylic.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55
View Post

UV Reactive or not?

Feser coolant is pretty good. Dyes are fine as long as you periodically drain and refill your loop. (3 month intervals)

Any reason why you can't use distilled + Blood Red Tubing? You could even get a res made from blood red acrylic.

Can you give me a link to the tubing and res so i can take a look? All the red tubing i find isnt blood red, its like a bright red, almost pinkish color

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
use real blood! you'll have to change it out often as it tends to congeal after a while but it looks great!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob808
View Post

use real blood! you'll have to change it out often as it tends to congeal after a while but it looks great!

how long does it take to drain and refill a loop? assuming you have experience.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderlove0`
View Post

Can you give me a link to the tubing and res so i can take a look? All the red tubing i find isnt blood red, its like a bright red, almost pinkish color

Primochill UV Red tubing is blood red color

Normal Lighting

UV Lighting

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would definatlely go with red tubing man, I've seen some pretty scary pictures of loops that have used dyes, and all in all it just doesn't seem like a good idea.
If you really want to go for it though, I can only recommend the Primochill DYEbombs as they seem to have the most success in the rigs that I have seen... Though it seems to be very hit and miss... (Sometimes they just gunk up everything, and sometimes they just plain don't work) <--- That is why I stay away from them...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what are the signs that the die is separating? gunking up everything, I dont care I will drain it every two months even, dont bother me.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderlove0` View Post
how long does it take to drain and refill a loop? assuming you have experience.
If you put a drain line in your loop (lower is better), then its very fast and easy. If not, its more difficult.

I have used the primochill red tubing and its pretty red (not pinky)

One of the picts with the red primochill hose, the other you can see where I installed my drainline.
LL
LL

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderlove0` View Post
what are the signs that the die is separating? gunking up everything, I dont care I will drain it every two months even, dont bother me.
when the color starts to fade.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
HI,i have feser one uv diluted in my loop.

I used twice the recommended amount and it still looks very very weak and under uv light is pink and very much not red.

In my next w/c loop i will use coloured tubing instead as it gives a stronger colour and doesnt goop up you blocks and stain stuff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just wanted to add a vote for the colored tubing. I have been running red dye for a while and it all stains rather quickly, and it's a pain to clean out of the rad and blocks, and while it looks great in the beginning, as it stains the color becomes very dull. You wont have this problem with the tubing, at least not nearly as much. Just run distilled + biocide. As for the biocide I'm personally a big fan of silver objects in the reservoir, as they are reusable and work indefinately as long as you make sure it doesnt block the water flow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts