1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Add $100 and get a refurbished 120GB PS3 or add $150 and get a brand new 160GB PS3

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
The S570 is faster than the PS3:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-pla...ml#post3213433

Quote:

For a speed test I used my Pirates of the Carribean disc which is pretty "heavy" on the menu. From full off (with quickstart on) to the initial loading of the disc, it took about 11 seconds on the S570. For the PS3, it took about 30 seconds from the off position. Skipping past all the previews, I could start watching the movie in just under a minute on the S570 while the PS3 took about 1 minute 45 seconds. Skipping chapters on the S570 is pretty much instantaneous as well. Overall, the speed of this player is amazing.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. And to Sam, it is funny that you mentioned the PS3 becasue I am also considering that as well.

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillhouse
View Post

The S570 is faster than the PS3:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-pla...ml#post3213433

True. I don't pay attention to that though because I'll usually be getting some snacks or drinks while the previews play

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragsters
View Post

Thanks for the reply guys. And to Sam, it is funny that you mentioned the PS3 becasue I am also considering that as well.

Ya I mean it's a 2-in-1 deal. Not only can you use it for gaming but Netflix as well if you have it. Of course if you'll never use it then the blu-ray player would be the better choice.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam1990
View Post

Ya I mean it's a 2-in-1 deal. Not only can you use it for gaming but Netflix as well if you have it. Of course if you'll never use it then the blu-ray player would be the better choice.

Well, the blu-ray player in question also has netflix.

·
OCN
1,540 Posts
I got a ps3 for my bd player. I didn't want the hassle of "older" players not having updated firmware for new blu-ray versions/formats. Still one of the top around too =)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Quote:

View Post

PS3. Not only do you get the player, but you get to game as well. Along with that you can get Hulu Plus, Netflix, Vudu, Qriocity, PSN market (games, movies, tv shows), and you can fold on it. It also has the 3D and all that the player in question has.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If you read the reviews it has problems with netflix. I just purchases this from the local store and am very happy with it. Wanted Wi-Fi but in the ones in my price range seems like a lot of them has conection problems.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Oh gees, there's only one brand if you know anything about Blu-ray players, and it's Oppo. Ask anyone in the know, ask anyone in AV forums. More expensive though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi;11954439
Oh gees, there's only one brand if you know anything about Blu-ray players, and it's Oppo. Ask anyone in the know, ask anyone in AV forums. More expensive though.
That is interesting, considering Sony invented the bluray player.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now I think I am going for the PS3. It is at amazon right now for $296 with a $50 gift card. That Is a great price to me.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsters;11959321
Now I think I am going for the PS3. It is at amazon right now for $296 with a $50 gift card. That Is a great price to me.
Do it!!!!, trust me u won't regret it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts