Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which cards have a lifetime warranty?
i know evga does, but are there any more benefits on the other brands?

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
XFX have a double lifetime warranty, meaning that if you sell the card, the warranty can be transferred to the new owner.

BFG have a ten year warranty, and are the best in terms of speed, etc. for RMAs.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is a lifetime warranty, when you can rma it forever? as long as theres something wrong it with, not from yout part?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lets say 10 years from now, my evga gtx 285 breaks down, just cause its old, then i rma it, and they dont hve any more gtx 285's what would happen?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123
View Post

lets say 10 years from now, my evga gtx 285 breaks down, just cause its old, then i rma it, and they dont hve any more gtx 285's what would happen?

Well more than likely, you'll have a new card by then, so I don't think that will be a big issue.

Weston

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123 View Post
They would give you something worth ~$300.

By then, hopefully you would have a new computer, lol.

·
Just another nerd
5,921 Posts
If you plan to mod the card in any way, buy EVGA. BFG warranty is not mod friendly, at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Company will send you a new card like when i RMA my 8800 Ultra there were none so they sent me a 9800 GTX OC I love BFG

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123 View Post
They'll do exactly what they do now & send you a new/better card.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers View Post
They would give you something worth ~$300.

By then, hopefully you would have a new computer, lol.
No... they exchange your card with something of at least equivalent performance.

If you RMA a 6800GT ($300 card), you might get something like a GT240 ($100 card).

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
As others mentioned, BFG, XFX, and Evga.

Evga and BFG both have Step-up programs as well.

Meaning if you buy a 300 Dollar card now, and within 90 days (100 for BFG) they come out with a better card, you can trade up, and put that money toward a better card.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Keep in mind not all Evga cards have a lifetime warranty.
Some only have a 1+1 warranty (1 year without registration, 2 years with)

BFG has a lifetime warranty in North America, and 10 years in Europe (due to laws)

XFX has a transferrable lifetime warranty (so if you sell your card, the person you sell to also gets a warranty)

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
EVGA
XFX
BFG

= The best for Nvidia.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts