Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best card i can get for my AMD 64 3200 system. preferably under 300$ and i dont plan on ocing that much. i would like to not have to at all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

this one or this one or this one

ok leadtek it is. should i keep the stock cooler or is there a good one out there i should get. because if this is the oc badyboy im gonna oc the hell out of it

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonxsistant

ok leadtek it is. should i keep the stock cooler or is there a good one out there i should get. because if this is the oc badyboy im gonna oc the hell out of it

well start with stock and see how it does temp wise. probly good cuz well look at the h/s on it. but then if ur not likin temps then get this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...186-120&depa=1
and some arctic silver 5. stock should be sufficient for now

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a friend who is also into computers and he says the leadtek 6800 128mb is a waste of money. he told me to go for a card with 256mb. he also said go for the pc3200 ram for my comp because it has a lower latency. is he right at all?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox
the 6800 is the best for $300. and higher speed ram offers more performance than lower latency
he also said i should spend more on the vid card and less on ram

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

he also said i should spend more on the vid card and less on ram
you could but ur not gonna get the same pricing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

its gonna be more expensive... but that is a very good card. i can find one for u w/ 256mb but the price is closer to 400.... this is a damn good deal for the card though
ok if i get that, which i want to, what ram should i get that will fit my budget of 500?

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
you'll se more of a performance gain in games if you dump money on the cards. the one waffles recomends is a great price. higher ram will allow more of an overclock though.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

ok if i get that, which i want to, what ram should i get that will fit my budget of 500?
if you get that card you will probably want 512 ram.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox
you'll se more of a performance gain in games if you dump money on the cards. the one waffles recomends is a great price. higher ram will allow more of an overclock though.
well seeing that im not an OC freak
id go for performance over it anyday

·
Registered
169 Posts
save up your money. the 6800gt is leaps and bounds better than the vanilla 6800. while slower cards like the 6600 wont take advantage of 256mb of memory, the 6800 will. not only that but im pretty sure there is better overclocking potential with a 6800gt. i definately got mine to go from 350 core, to 420/430 stable and 1.17ghz memory. stock cooler from pny. i bet if you spent 30 bucks more, you could get the arctic silencer V and some arctic silver (haha they are both as5 in a way) and get even better results. big pretty frickin big gains in 3dmark 03 and 05 just by overclocking the vid card and nothing else. fyi if your scared to overclock your vid card, dont be. download coolbits 3d for free, and your all set. i had no idea what i was doin and still got awesome results. haha, still dont know how to overclock a processor.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

well seeing that im not an OC freak
id go for performance over it anyday
well go for the ocz pc3200 right here cuz its got a $15 rebate and u can still overclock it in the future. good ram.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

well go for the ocz pc3200 right here cuz its got a $15 rebate and u can still overclock it in the future. good ram.
that kind of exceeds my 500$ budget... this is a tough decision

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

that kind of exceeds my 500$ budget... this is a tough decision
get a single 512 stick of that stuff then later when you have the next 100 buy another stick of the same stuff.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts