Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
After a recent reinstall I can't see video in Winamp. I forget which codecs I had installed on my old system but have heard that some can be nasty. Which ones are recommended?
Thanks
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by algae

Hi all,
After a recent reinstall I can't see video in Winamp. I forget which codecs I had installed on my old system but have heard that some can be nasty. Which ones are recommended?
Thanks
Gary

Hi,

Go to Free-Codecs and download the K-lite codec pack or alternatively download VLC media player and not have to download a codec pack again!

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
1. my first suggestion is to use vlc... been using it since its inception... great piece of software

2. if you must use another media player, only download/ install the codecs you need, not packs... odds are, you wont need the multitude of codecs that those packs contain, so just install what you need

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
I also use vlc, it's a great little program. Not sure if it matters when viewing through winamp but DivX 6 is an essential codec IMO. Just make sure you scan for adware after you install. It'll be clean after you install and scan it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I already have VLC but I don't get any sound from my rear speakers when playing a music video.

G.

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Quote:

1. my first suggestion is to use vlc... been using it since its inception... great piece of software

Uhh yeah...
2) Klite codecpack...uninstall all your old drivers...clean registry...install

XVID was never so nice
!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts