Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·

13,000 Posts
I think the 1055T 95w is the newest one.

·

13,000 Posts
There is a 1055T 125w which came out 1st, now the less power used 1055T 95w just came out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Either the 1090T 125w or the 1055t 95w.

·
Banned
13 Posts
The Phenom II X6 1055t 125w. Best OCer, and best for the $. I have one on the way right now! IM SO EXITED! I'm going from i5-650 3.2Ghz dual core, to this which I will OC with stock cooling and volts to 4.0Ghz X 6cores!!!!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulawe View Post
So the most expensive CPU AMD has is only $300-$350?? and intel has their $1000 CPUS??
amd has server CPUs, check them out on newegg. but those are likely not going to give much performance for non-extreme cpu heavy programs. those are almost as expensive as the top end intel CPUs, but again, the 1090 is plenty enough power for the majority of people who have them, and that would be the top end "consumer" AMD CPU. the server cpus are just that, for servers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackedmik3 View Post
The Phenom II X6 1055t 125w. Best OCer, and best for the $. I have one on the way right now! IM SO EXITED! I'm going from i5-650 3.2Ghz dual core, to this which I will OC with stock cooling and volts to 4.0Ghz X 6cores!!!!
you are not going to hit 4.0ghz with the stock cooling, and certainly not with stock voltage. sorry but maybe with aftermarket cooling, and certainly higher than stock volts.

·

13,000 Posts
Yes, the 1090T is the topdog for AMD.

·
Banned
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fooxz View Post
amd has server CPUs, check them out on newegg. but those are likely not going to give much performance for non-extreme cpu heavy programs. those are almost as expensive as the top end intel CPUs, but again, the 1090 is plenty enough power for the majority of people who have them, and that would be the top end "consumer" AMD CPU. the server cpus are just that, for servers.

you are not going to hit 4.0ghz with the stock cooling, and certainly not with stock voltage. sorry but maybe with aftermarket cooling, and certainly higher than stock volts.
I know that's why I put consumer on the title

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

I know that's why I put consumer on the title

Ok, then whats your question?

the 1090 is the best consumer amd CPU, followed by the 1055 95w version. theres no dispute in this. At least until bulldozer comes out.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Proof :

*snip*

And my case has TONS of 120MM fans, so I'm not worried about cooling. I also hear people acheive it without good cases. I hear they are just cold CPUs.
Yeah, i know the cpu can hit 4.0ghz+. thats not what i said, you said you would hit 4.0ghz on STOCK COOLING, and STOCK VOLTAGE. that video is NOT stock cooling, thats a noctua D14, and the voltage was at 1.45v, NOT STOCK VOLTAGE.

So....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
Well i mean... you can always buy a 12 core :3
http://www.directron.com/os6176yetcego.html

and then the G34 socket stoph...
http://www.dark-circuit.com/directro...socketg34a.php

EDIT: folding FTW?
Yeah, theres someone here at OCN that has two quad g34 boards that hes going to fold on, theres pics of them in the "folding farm" thread

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Jack, why not get a 1090T?
thats what he was talking about

Quote:

ouch, I got burned...... I was mixing up OCing vids, saw a different one on OC to 3.5ghz.
hey no prob, i was just very skeptical, 3.5ghz is far more likely on stock cooling/volts, but i hear past 3.7 they need a lot more volts, which means a lot more heat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts