Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the best custom water cooling kit i can make for 300$? 350$ MAX.

I have AMD FX - 55, SLI Motherboard with 2 6800 ULTRA. I want the water cooling kit to go:

Pump ---> Radiator --- > CPU ---> GPU ---> GPU ---> Back to pump.

Also a resvoir? I duuno ... I just want a really good one, first time i use water cooling so I don’t know anything.

Also can i have fans working WITH the case also? Like have the radiator fan, and some other fans around my case or is it FANS or WATER COOLING.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wasuuup Musss!

·
Registered
555 Posts
well i suggest that u dont get a watercooling KIT! get watercooling parts seperatly and and if ur cooling GPU i suggest a 120mm radiator fan, resvoir i dont think u should really worry about. Ur pump could be an issue, since u need a strong one if ur going to cool ur CPU and dual GPU set-up.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Not only just get a 120mm rad... get two complete systems... that FX-55 is pumping out alot of heat, and so are those 6800's. It would be best to have two loops. One for the CPU, and another Seperate loop for the Vid cards...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Then he would need to get a full-tower case! and one heck of a power supply. also ur PC might get a little crowded and clog up the air-flow that the motherboard might just need. And aslo, it would cost so damn much, less bang for the buck. I wouldnt consider this solution since im pretty hapy with the coolings fans the 6800Ultra's have, and they only need milk OCing or no Ocing at all.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just a comment; dual 6800 ultras don't need any o'cing if you're thinking of that. Your AMD cpu can't give them enough graphics stuff to process right now anyway (even if you o'c it to 4000+ it's gonna lag behind those beasts). Of course maybe you just don't want two GPU coolers roaring...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts