Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got a E8500, i am going to OC it to as much as i can later on, but atm i can not because my CPU gets WAY to hot, it reaches up to 60-70 With out OC on full load. I've been looking around and saw the Zalman 9700 is suppose to be good, Noctua NH-U12P, 120mm Fläkt, 1300RPM, 19,8 dB(A), or something else. But its those two that im most up for atm, they arent to expensive and are suppose to be very good. So wich one to choose or should i choose something else? I want to hit a temp at around 50 with a good OC at full load atleast.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My e8400 was very hot too. I just bought a Zalman 9700 and couldnt be happier. Dropped my temps by 17c. The Zalman is also very quiet and looks great too.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Or instead of getting the OCZ Vendetta, you could get the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 which is the exact same thing with slightly different heatsink fins but for much less.

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by x2s3w4
View Post

Sounds like you need to reseat your heat sink. Stock temps are WAY too hot. Make sure have the pins pushed all the way in.
I like my Tuniq Tower for a new heat sink, however be prepared for 10 people to tell you to get a TRUE. That's a great cooler too I hear.

How do i reset my heat sink etc?

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim2 View Post
How do i reset my heat sink etc?
Pretty much just remove it, remove thermal paste with a cloth and alcohol from CPU and heatsink, reput a dot of thermal paste on the CPU, and then reseat it well making sure all the pushpins are in.

For a good cooler I recommend the Xigmatek HDT-1283 (33$+), the Vendetta 2 (40$+) and the TRUE (55$+) in order of performance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so now, there are TRUE and Xigmatek HDT-1283 that are suppose to be best, and also a pretty big diffrence in the price... So, final desition:d?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim2
View Post

Ok so now, there are TRUE and Xigmatek HDT-1283 that are suppose to be best, and also a pretty big diffrence in the price... So, final desition:d?

The Noctua NH-U12P is better than the HDT-S1283 and has been known to even beat the TRUE if two high-speed fans are used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts