Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not totally new to OC'ing, but there is more that I don't know than I do know. I'm looking to upgrade my Athlon XP 2600+ 266MHz FSB, and I'm looking to do it with a tight budget. So far I've found an Athlon XP 2800+ Barton 333MHz FSB, which according to the specs, the stock speed is the same as my current OC'ed speed. How much better is the 2800+ with a 333MHz FSB than the 2600+ with a 266MHz FSB?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai_Jao

go to www.excaliberpc.com they usually have the 'I' steppin XPM's - better overclockers , make sure u get an I version

They only seem to have the 2400 with a stepping code starting with I

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brahmabull754

They only seem to have the 2400 with a stepping code starting with I

Yeah that's the right one, u may be losing some initial clock speed but you end overclock should be better since you're using an "I" XP-M.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

Yeah that's the right one, u may be losing some initial clock speed but you end overclock should be better since you're using an "I" XP-M.

Think it'll go near 2.5 GHz?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

2.4-2.5 is pretty much guaranteed with Mobile XPs, especially the I steppings.

I found a 2800+ I-stepping, also

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well... if you wanna switch to Intel... $120 for a P4 2.4AE (prescott)... I've got mine to 4.012Ghz on air... lol... I'm like ThE_GeNeRaL of cpu's... trying to steal ppl over to intel...

lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Well... if you wanna switch to Intel... $120 for a P4 2.4AE (prescott)... I've got mine to 4.012Ghz on air... lol... I'm like ThE_GeNeRaL of cpu's... trying to steal ppl over to intel...

lol

DOWN WITH INTEL!!!!

lol

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

lol

·
Banned
789 Posts
Go with that 2400 I and oc the livin' hell out it, you may be surprised at the speeds you see jump out
Just make sure your cooling isn't sub par and you have a good supporting setup around it and you're ready for take off bro.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

lol
AND no one coming too!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts