Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the best currently available 27'' 1440p gsync monitor that also has good PQ. I have one Dell U2715H which is 27'' IPS 60hz, so hoping the panel is close to, just as good, or even better than the Dell next to it. I was looking at Acer XB271HU but doesn't seem like it's available anywhere locally for me in Portland, but it is on Amazon from 3rd party sellers. Not sure if it's discontinued or what. Is there another that is recommended or is that still the best?

Thanks!

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,885 Posts
Asus PG279Q uses the same panel as the XB271HU and is close in price. It's sold directly through Amazon and not a 3rd party seller if that's what you're worried about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Asus PG279Q uses the same panel as the XB271HU and is close in price. It's sold directly through Amazon and not a 3rd party seller if that's what you're worried about.
Thanks! I have read that the PG279Q is worse than the Acer in terms of quality control, back-light bleed, as well as 1080p scaling, and it's about $80 more. Not sure if this is still the case, but someone wrote 6 months ago that Acer, Viewsonic, and AOC are shipping with contrast ratios in 1150-1250 range while PG279Q is still in 1000 range. So even though panel is same, the quality is different. Not sure if this is still the case? Are there any better options today than these?

If not, would PG279Q look OK dual monitoring with Dell U2715H? Both are 27'' IPS 1440p, but the Dell should have pretty good picture quality, not sure how the Asus would compare

·
Asker of the Obvious
42 Posts
As far as I know, there aren’t any better options than the ones mentioned above.

Between the Acer and the Asus, I would pick whichever one has the better aesthetics. For me, that is the PG279Q.

Also, rumor has it that Asus tightened their quality control after the first wave of complaints. I bought one in late 2017, and I love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts