Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my card is MSI GeForce 6600GT

i'm using the orginal driver (6.14.10.7772 - nVIDIA ForceWare77.72)

should i update my driver ??

if I should .. please give me the link for the best driver for my card

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
This page has a lot of different ones to choose from. Try a few of the latest ones and see which is best for your system. Every rig will have a best set for it's setup.
I run the 83.40 whql and havent had any problems with them yet. The 81.98's performed well too.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=2
these are "tweaked" driver sets that will most times give you a little better performance...BUT...they are NOT microsoft certified. WHQL drivers are MS certified.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yeah you should. I have a couple of those cards and I use the regular nvidia drivers... just download them from nvidia.com. I've found they tend to give me better performance than most leaked drivers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys ..
but i have posted the wrong card

this is my card specifically 6600GT-TD128E

that wouldn't change anything .. would it ?

and please .. could u give me a program to do tests with .. in order to check driver's work ??

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use 77.77, and it is the most stable that I've found for my 6600gt, seems to work well on the dual core front as well, got my fps up by about 5-10 on source games too

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
I would never trust the drivers on the disc, they are usually AT LEAST two months old. Just go to the nVidia website and get the latest ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have downloaded driver version 83.40 from GURU3D wepsite .. but i didn't notice any difference

actually ((D.O.T)) page disappeared ( see attachment )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts