Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had any problems, but with all of these drivers coming out, (once a month) I'm just wondering which one gives the best performance in Bad Company, the game (you lost it
) I play the most.
kthx

·
The Computer Guy
6,484 Posts
i been using 10.4,all others make my game crash.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weird. I never crash other than server fail and I'm on 10.9's

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, but I'm not wondering which driver works, per se (whatever that means). I'm trying to figure out which driver delivers the best performance.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks guys. I think I'll just continue rocking em 10.9s

·
Registered
364 Posts
10.5b bfbc2 hotfix gives the best performance in most games not just bfbc2

also now im on 10.9 hotfix and in dark places sometimes my screen goes black and then it comes back

its pretty damn gay if u ask me especially when in huge battle i died a lot because of it

i think ill go back to 10.5 hotfix today

·
Registered
306 Posts
this is nonsense, cant ATI come out with one working driver, this is so off putting having to mess around with several drivers to find the correct one.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lost1234
View Post

this is nonsense, cant ATI come out with one working driver, this is so off putting having to mess around with several drivers to find the correct one.

This. To hell with all this appeasement, ATi consumers need to show ATi they need to actually make good drivers. I'm considering going back to Nvidia.

Even if they "work" ATi is so busy trying to fix Crossfire and bugs that they don't give a crap about single card performance in most games.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
This. To hell with all this appeasement, ATi consumers need to show ATi they need to actually make good drivers. I'm considering going back to Nvidia.

Even if they "work" ATi is so busy trying to fix Crossfire and bugs that they don't give a crap about single card performance in most games.
Don't bother changing to Nvidia that is my advice. Changed from 4870 to GTX 460 only to get TERRIBLE FPS and extremely low gpu usage. Maybe other NVIDIA cards are better than the 460, but be advised. Nvidia 400-series are bugged. I get alot better from ATI on my system.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtzclassic View Post
Don't bother changing to Nvidia that is my advice. Changed from 4870 to GTX 460 only to get TERRIBLE FPS and extremely low gpu usage. Maybe other NVIDIA cards are better than the 460, but be advised. Nvidia 400-series are bugged. I get alot better from ATI on my system.
okay, okay calm down, man
If I could get a gtx 460 1gig instead of my 5850 I would.
and nVidias drivers arent all messed up.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post

From this it sounds like they're not fixing anything, because my 5970 has had nothing but issues unless I disable crossfire and that's just using half my card. I never had any issues with my X800 XT or my 4870 though. 10.9 fixed graphical errors but i have to run the game in DX9 for it to not crash, DX11 it will crash like crazy. I've been trying to find drivers that give great performance + visuals and nothing has been able to do it so far. (10.5 makes grass grow everywhere, even in houses)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wh-ATI View Post
okay, okay calm down, man
If I could get a gtx 460 1gig instead of my 5850 I would.
and nVidias drivers arent all messed up.
Well I just had it installed in my rig, and it was terrible.. Google "gtx 460 gpu usage" and see for yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts