Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

All this mouse-hunting is driving me nuts, I am about to abandon perfect ergonomics and just go with what I have always played best with and pretend life is OK. Tried too many lately and there's always something dealbreaking.

I am looking for the best mouse shaped like say Zowie MiCo,

BUT with better sensor and build quality of course.

I would like to discuss a bit so I am avoiding the mouse suggestion thread because I don't want to clutter it.

Size can be bigger than the MiCo but shape has to be similar: ( ) sides, and rounded top.

Sensor I am fine with whatever doesnt work poorly at 800-1200DPI and no accel or prediction. The usual.
Buttons prefer lighter. Scroll wheel has to be good and not miss steps or any other glitching.

M4/M5 not needed but good if they are there. Or a dpi button that can be rebound would be nice.

<120g weight. Not too picky here.

Cable? Eh, I can always swap it out.

Click latency would of course be preferred low, but don't have to go too nuts with that.

Price: no limit. If anyone can make me a custom mouse in a shorter period of time...
tongue.gif
would even consider that.

Since this is OCN I am hoping there is a mutual understanding of acceptable performance vs not
wink.gif

Will be used for FPS games mainly, and on a black cloth pad.

Fingers crossed I missed some gem of a mouse somewhere!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What do you mean by curved at the top? Maybe you should list the mice that you consider unacceptable. Mice that somewhat meet your criteria other than possibly that one are the nmouse 4k/zalman zm-m600r, g100s, evga torq x3/x5, but I assume you have looked in to all of those. Also obviously the evgas are a bit different, but they do have ( ) shaped sides assuming you are talking about front to back and not top to bottom.

Edit: Oh also someone linked this http://www.imagicinput.co.kr/html/newpage.html?code=64 in the mico transplant thread, but its not exactly the same shape and has a 3050. I actually don't know much about the 3305 in the mico and whether it is worse than a 3050.

Just trying to scratch things off the list and see why you don't like them.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curved inwards
smile.gif

So just like the mice you recommended. I thought the EVGA was a little too straight, but I haven't tried it at home, only at a store.
NMouse/Zalman supposedly has terrible scroll wheel, and after owning 3 G100S failing buttons and wheel, I have given up on that one.

Front to back indeed.
Your link does not appear to be working, do you have a picture to link and a name perhaps?

Very good reply, thank you very much!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

Curved inwards
smile.gif

So just like the mice you recommended. I thought the EVGA was a little too straight, but I haven't tried it at home, only at a store.
NMouse/Zalman supposedly has terrible scroll wheel, and after owning 3 G100S failing buttons and wheel, I have given up on that one.

Front to back indeed.
Your link does not appear to be working, do you have a picture to link and a name perhaps?

thumb.gif
Hm, the link is working for me so idk what is up. Here is a picture. It is some korean company or something and it is called the imagic gmouse. There is also the g2. Here is a giant pic from their web site

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! Shape looks perfect!

Any idea what sensor it is? AM010? 3320...?
60IPS sounds a little low but might not be the actual real world performance.

Omrons? Good scroll wheel?
tongue.gif

Going to google it after I've had dinner!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm a simple man, I see the keyword "MiCO", I upvote.

I have so much to discuss about the MiCO but don't quite have the time at the moment. But the gist of the matter is that there is just currently no mice that has as perfect a shape as the MiCO.

China has a FKmini which is a LMO clone, but I heard that it is of poor build/material quality, with a 3090 that was intentionally tuned to have angle snapping.

I naively wished that somehow my LMO, which malfunctions at ~30 IPS (0.75 m/s) for 125 Hz, would somehow improve if I overclocked. Alas, as I expected, it does nothing, since it is a limitation of the low framerate rather than count clipping.

I had a sweet but sadly brief fling with my MiCO modded with FK2 PCB, but board died of no reason one day and I cannot justify buying another of the same moose.

The Spawn shape, to my surprise, actually suited my extreme-fingertip grip, but sadly the sensor has significant angle snapping.

The G9, with the same nimble size, unfortunately is too flat and sharp on the left side, impeding my movement.

Everything about the G100s was perfect except for the fact that the mouse is too long, making the scroll wheel too far away from my fingers, and having to adjust to a grip that spreads my grip too wide, once again reducing my range of motion and precision.

The X5 is simply too wide and too heavy.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Quote:

Cool! Shape looks perfect!

Any idea what sensor it is? AM010? 3320...?
60IPS sounds a little low but might not be the actual real world performance.

Omrons? Good scroll wheel?
tongue.gif

Going to google it after I've had dinner!

Thanks again!
Its a 3050 so kind of meh, but if you really like the rest of the mouse it should do the job. I think there have been threads about it on here before or at least there was one for the g2. I don't really know all that much about the mouse tbh other than it looks like a nice shape.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0731ex View Post

I'm a simple man, I see the keyword "MiCO", I upvote.

I have so much to discuss about the MiCO but don't quite have the time at the moment. But the gist of the matter is that there is just currently no mice that has as perfect a shape as the MiCO.

China has a FKmini which is a LMO clone, but I heard that it is of poor build/material quality, with a 3090 that was intentionally tuned to have angle snapping.

I naively wished that somehow my LMO, which malfunctions at ~30 IPS (0.75 m/s) for 125 Hz, would somehow improve if I overclocked. Alas, as I expected, it does nothing, since it is a limitation of the low framerate rather than count clipping.

I had a sweet but sadly brief fling with my MiCO modded with FK2 PCB, but board died of no reason one day and I cannot justify buying another of the same moose.

The Spawn shape, to my surprise, actually suited my extreme-fingertip grip, but sadly the sensor has significant angle snapping.

The G9, with the same nimble size, unfortunately is too flat and sharp on the left side, impeding my movement.

Everything about the G100s was perfect except for the fact that the mouse is too long, making the scroll wheel too far away from my fingers, and having to adjust to a grip that spreads my grip too wide, once again reducing my range of motion and precision.

The X5 is simply too wide and too heavy.
Spawn shape didn't work at all for me, too much space inbetween ring and pinky finger.
G9, too sharp on the right for me
tongue.gif
have same problem with Corsairs mice...
X5 indeed a little wide and also a bit squareish.
G100S would have been fine if it wasn't for the wheel and button quality...
I am a wheel abuser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1spe View Post

Its a 3050 so kind of meh, but if you really like the rest of the mouse it should do the job. I think there have been threads about it on here before or at least there was one for the g2. I don't really know all that much about the mouse tbh other than it looks like a nice shape.
frown.gif
I just noticed people posting about jitter on 1000dpi. don't think I could live with that sensor then.
seems like everyone abandoned the thread after testing results.

I won't give up hope yet!
tongue.gif

Thanks a ton guys!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The fkmini or commatech m1 or whatever it is actually looks interesting. I think I had seen it before and thought it was a rebranded logitech mini optical. Apparently it has a 3090, but it has angle snapping. Also idk where you could get one. So close though
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arr I am allergic to angle snapping. really cool looking otherwise.
feels like it's on purpose at this point. always one major flaw.
redface.gif

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:

Curved inwards
smile.gif

Front to back indeed.

thumb.gif
nmouse scrollwheel isn't that bad. it's cheap, but it works and doesn't feel like it will fail imo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:

That has really bad click latency.
That's not necessarily a deal breaker when your alternatives are 3050 korean office mice with a scroolwheel that will break within the month.
And the swappable switches is a fantastic feature imo.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericcc View Post

That's not necessarily a deal breaker when your alternatives are 3050 korean office mice with a scroolwheel that will break within the month.
And the swappable switches is a fantastic feature imo.
The 3050 isn't really that bad and the 3090 is completely fine and afaik better than the 3310 in some ways which matter more to me than cpi increments and extremely high pcs. I'm not sure how any of the korean mice in this thread are "office mice" and a very large amount of click latency is a bigger deal breaker at least for me than a 3050 sensor. Also the swappable switches is pretty dumb if it means a huge amount of latency due to very loose debouncing done in a less than ideal way. I've actually pretty much never had switches fail on me, but I guess I'm just lucky. I have had mice that would double click if you clicked them in a very specific way which wasn't how I would normally click anyway, but that is it. Also a huge amount of click feel is determined by the shell afaik so getting a different click feel isn't really a valid reason to me. Its pretty much a non-feature to me and it comes at a large cost. I'd take a 3090 and good click latency over a 3310 and terrible click latency any day. I don't have any of those korean mice so I can't really comment on the scroll wheel, but they are on the list of mice I would like to get eventually while the asus is not. I guess the asus can be added to the list of mice with this type of shape that fail in one way or another. I'm not too picky about scroll wheels though so I doubt I'll even have a problem with the nmouse.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Of course when picking mice it's always about compromises. Since the OP hasn't said anything about click latency maybe that's something he will be ok with, since the sica has a lot going for it too.
Quote:

Also the swappable switches is pretty dumb if it means a huge amount of latency due to very loose debouncing done in a less than ideal way. I've actually pretty much never had switches fail on me, but I guess I'm just lucky.
I actually never had a mouse that I used exclusively for 1-2 years that did NOT start double clicking. Now that I spend an average household income on mice it isn't an issue anymore, but as far as I'm concerned double clicking will happen sooner or later. Sometimes as soon as three weeks in the case of the ikari people use as a benchmark for low latency.

The current situation in which the only mice with swappable switches do have high latency is really unfortunate. If anything, you have more incentive to go as low as possible with the delay, since people can just swap new switches when the current ones start to degrade. I guess that's due to the socket design though.
It's also pretty stupid that they still put the screws under the mouse feet. At least they fixed it on the spatha, not that anyone here will buy this thing.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
He did say click latency should be reasonable which I wouldn't say counts the sica. To me under 5ms is good 5-10ms is acceptable, and above that is bad iirc the sica is 30-35ms with stock firmware and 15-20 or so with newer firmware. I think I remember someone saying there are other problems with newer firmware though, but i could be wrong. I can make my g303 which has been my main mouse for 4 months double click if I try, but other than that I've never had a problem. I still have an Logitech optical mouse from 2000ish that I used exclusively for around 5 years and that works fine. I've had a few other mice I used for a year or two with no problems as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1595500/zalman-zm-m600r-pics#post_25014073

and a few more later on in the thread
frown.gif
being cautious here. Assuming the Zalman is identical.
wow I'm suprised, mine felt pretty solid.. Guess there's just some bad ones out of the bunch, and yeah, the zalman is identical with the nmouse cept for the branding.

Edit: It's not very in depth or anything, but if you're interested in hearing opinions on the mouse I wrote a review for it on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/review/RS3N7RXNWHA4W/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0196J4Y3O&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=541966&store=pc

1 - 20 of 78 Posts