Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my case is TT Level 10 GTS Black Edition (http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00001861). I am confused after reading so many forum contents on Fan Controllers. All I need is a Controller that has enough power to juice up three 120mm fans & two 200mm fans, all PWM. only Cryorig H7 will be connected to motherboard (P8Z77 VLK) cpu fan header.

kindly suggest me -

1. three 120mm PWM fans. (2 top exhaust, 1 bottom intake)
2. two 200mm PWM fans. (1 front intake replacement, 1 side intake)
3. the best controller either touch / knob / single or dual bay. (android connectivity / monitoring would be a bonus)

THANKS Guys
biggrin.gif

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
All you need is the Swiftech 8-Way PWM Splitter cost around $10-15
The fans are all control at once via software like SpeedFan. The splitter is plug into the CPU header, as it is PWM.

It is what I use on my system to control all my fans. Silence when not game, and speed goes up when I do need it.
Can be auto or manual control.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I really don't have any problem with noise at all. will the splitter have enough power to spin up my required fans?

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
The power comes directly from the sata.

• Rep+
Reactions: dreamtuner

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but it won't control each fan individually I fear. I need something more sophisticated I think. but thanks, I will get it for another project of mine
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
There are no 200mm PWM fans (that I know of), so if a 3pin 200mm fan is connected to the pwm hub it will run at full speed. There are 180mm PWM fans from EK and Silverstone. Not sure they would fit your case.

Expect the 140mm inquisition to sentence you to airflow heresy for even considering 200mm fans. So be prepared for some old skool schooling.

Here's what they will say, without all the witch curses and stuff:

Few, if any, 200mm have sufficient static pressure to pull through an intake grille/filter as well as a top tier 140mm fan. However, Level 10 supports only a 200mm front intake fan without some modding. The phanteks 200mm is decent if a little weak. The bitfenix sceptre pro 200mm has higher static pressure and is a little stronger. Both are 3 pin and would require either using MB voltage control or a simple manual controller. Or a fancy unit like the NZXT Grid+

You haven't stated what components you intend to use (Sandy/Ivy?), so hard to say why you need to populate all the fan positions. Not a fan of top exhaust placements. Prefer to achieve good front to back airflow. But that could just be my limited 2D imagination. ;-)

There's lots of great 120mm fans. Check the big thread here. My fav 120mm moderate noise/airflow intake fans are the Noctua P12, Nidec GTs and for cheap, the Rosewill ROCF-11004 (Akasa re-badge model).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my cpu is i5 3570K & I am planning to buy Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB gpu soon. AFAIK my case allows two 200mm fans, 1 front intake, 1 side intake. I plan to occupy all the fans due to the natural weather condition of my country. it is usually 35°F + Thanks for much useful info. (y) I am checking it.

·
Premium Member
27,145 Posts
If you can, get a different case. Phanteks or Factal Design are both good. I haven't used any of the newer Fractal Design cases but have used many of the Phanteks cases. Enthoo Primo is very good but also very big. Enthoo Luxe (Enthoo Pro is same basic case, just not as fancy) and now I'm building Enthoo Evolv ATX. Luxe and Pro need front fans replaced with PH-F140HP, but other than that are great.

• Rep+
Reactions: dreamtuner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts