Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best fan for the heat sink that has a high static pressure and not to loud, if it is loud please recommend a good fan controller that isn't expensive.

Would 2 fan's be recommenced for push pull configuration?

most likely i would prefer to get it from newegg...

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CpBoy
View Post

which san ace?

whats a "GT-15"?

"San Ace" is a line of fans produced by Sanyo Denki. Over here at OCN, it usually refers to the H101 or H1011, which are high quality 120x120x38mm fans that give very nice static pressure. They can be a little hard to find, since most etailers don't stock San Aces.

GT-15 refers to the 1850RPM model of Scythe Gentle Typhoons. They are high quality, have high static pressure for a 120x120x25mm fan, and produce very low noise for their RPM.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-092-_-Product

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

"San Ace" is a line of fans produced by Sanyo Denki. Over here at OCN, it usually refers to the H101 or H1011, which are high quality 120x120x38mm fans that give very nice static pressure. They can be a little hard to find, since most etailers don't stock San Aces.

GT-15 refers to the 1850RPM model of Scythe Gentle Typhoons. They are high quality, have high static pressure for a 120x120x25mm fan, and produce very low noise for their RPM.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-092-_-Product

where would i be able to find a san ace?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Keep in mind, though, if you don't have a fan controller the san aces are kind of loud. The gentle typhoons are extremely quiet.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I used to use the Scythe GTs (1850 rpm) on my TRUE black, before I went to water. I still use them, only now they are on my rads. I doubt I will ever use another type of fan (unless something really revolutionary comes out, or the company goes under), I absolutely love them. They just ooze quality.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craiga35
View Post

Keep in mind, though, if you don't have a fan controller the san aces are kind of loud. The gentle typhoons are extremely quiet.

so then what is a good fan controller?

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Your TRUE is similar enough to a Megahalems that item 1. in my sig should give you an idea of what fan you might want to get.

At the moment GT AP-15's are hard to find. A nice inexpensive substitute is a pair of Yate Loon mediums or highs. Highs of course give you best results. YL mediums probably good enough and cheapest at JAB-Tech. YL highs (D12SH-12) you should only get at Petra Tech or Sidewinder or Danger Den.

Of course, the prince of fans is the San Ace 9G1212H1011. It hits the sweet spot. San Ace mediums are available at Newark but you have to put on your own pins and plugs. A decent alternative is a Panaflo. Their mediums are OK, but in general they are louder than the San Ace line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts