Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P120.3, currently with 3 x Xilence Red Wings pushing air through. However, i want to go push/pull in the future. Are the Red Wings the optimum fans to use on such a rad?

Cheers

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
its the best to use the same fans on both sides... that said, i doubt you'd see much of an improvement in temps... doubt its worth the money. you be better off getting the shroud instead.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A shroud... go on? I have no idea what they are?

The main reason for push/pull is that i can tell heat is getting caught up in the wiring mess behind the rad where my PSU and pump is. You can feel it's very warm behind there and since the Red Wings are low noise and CFM, they don't push much out

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
what's the CFM rating? that rad should do fine with ~30 CFM, i doubt your fans put out much less than that...
http://www.jab-tech.com/Thermochill-...d-pr-3429.html
there is that shroud.. it puts the fans away from the rad a little, so air flows more efficiently

as long as those cables dont actually obstruct the airflow you should be just fine... if they do, you might want to get some silent 38mm thick fans, they'll do a better job of pushing the air past those cables, as well as trough the rad...

if you're gonna get new fans anyway, i'll recommend these..
http://www.petrastechshop.com/12x38nmfblow.html
they move a decent amount of air, but they're not too loud. they're good quality too. if its still too much, they also carry the Ultra Kaze 1000 RPM's, but just dont mount those in a horizontal position, the bearings dont like that.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers. I'll have to look into getting one of those in the UK.

I still think i would like push/pull as heat is getting trapped. I noticed a 2c-3c drop when i left the back of my case off.

Is it okay to use this:

Fans>Shroud>Rad>fans

You don't have to have a shroud on both sides one assumes?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
if you push-pull, a shroud on either side is recommended.

do you have your rad internally? you want to suck cold outside air into it instead.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it internal, in the bottom of my TJ07, so it is pulling cold air from outside the case. The only problem with shrouds both sides is that things start to get costly.

Will is greatly reduce the efficiency of my radiator or fans if i only have 1 on the intake side?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
if you only use 1 on the intake side i just wouldnt do push-pull, as that would interfere with the airflow. instead, id get more powerfull fans for the push side, and use the fans now on it as casefans or something...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts