·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't care about noise.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Chances are you do care about noise, because if you're talking about some of the highest cfm fans out there, there are plenty like this and even higher that sound similar to a jet engine right in front of you. Also, do you have any kind of budget because that Delta I linked up is a whopping $37.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by champyg
View Post

Chances are you do care about noise, because if you're talking about some of the highest cfm fans out there, there are plenty like this and even higher that sound similar to a jet engine right in front of you. Also, do you have any kind of budget because that Delta I linked up is a whopping $37.

Yeah i don't care about noise of the fan cause i can tolerate any noise just for the best cooling.

And yes i can have that kind of budgets.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by champyg
View Post

o.0
that thing moves alot of air

·
Loosing Vision
1,889 Posts
yeah I think the noise don't bother me either but it does.. I have 5 machines and a 24 port hub and I have to say it gets loud over time. I can be in the bedroom and hear it in there...

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also pushing the limits cause i'm buying a new PSU just for high speed fans

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We will see

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by champyg View Post
I have 2 of that Delta, they are quite great.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben h
View Post

if u listen 2 music tho u shouldnt hear it
also if u hooked it up to a fan controler u can always turn it down should move allot of air still

The music would have to be turned up all the time. The noise of these fans 24/7 will affect you.

Besides, there really isn't any benefit from such loud fans. Your temps won't drop going from a 4000RPM fan to 7000RPM...

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
get bigger fans.. less RPM's more pressure.. Pressure is what is going to help temps..for aircooling, not necessarily CFM.

*I have 3x 260mm SanAce fans.. factory rated for +300CFM ..FS if you like..PM for price

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

The music would have to be turned up all the time. The noise of these fans 24/7 will affect you.

Besides, there really isn't any benefit from such loud fans. Your temps won't drop going from a 4000RPM fan to 7000RPM...

I don't think I could leave these fans running 24/7 I have mine on a fan controller and only turn them on when I'm benchtesting.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume
View Post

How about 300 cfm? Only 70 dB, no torque. Muddocktor got himself one, and is well pleased. There is also a non-PWM version that is a bit cheaper.

Enjoy!

70 dB? Wow, that's about the noise level of traffic on a busy highway, and over half way to the threshold of pain level. I randomly pulled those charts so I'm not sure how realistic they really are...

I guess if you have hearing problems this doesn't matter so much. But, it would be interesting to see data that shows how cooling efficiency continues to level off after flow reaches a certain point, and holding pressure constant. Is this true for pressure, or will more pressure, at a constant flow, always equal cooler rad material temps?

Edit: I think someone should make/market a fan that is the most cooling efficient and loudest allowed by law. An extreme cooling fan that has a warning like: "Do not let children under five w/in 20 feet of this fan running at full speed. It will rupture their eardrums." I don't know if kids eardrums rupture at a lower dB level than adults, but I think ppl would buy these fans just because they're "extreme".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts