Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear a lot of talk about soft touch rubber finish, the grainy finish on the FK, Glossy finish you see on the sides of old Deathadders.

I just wanna know what is the best all around finish for mice, and where could you possibly get the resources to apply it?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dry hands? Glossy is great
Sweaty hands? Smooth coating is nice
Inconsistent hands? Grainy coating is nice.

Just from my experience.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Dry hands = glossy...The EC1-Evo White and rival White stuck to my hand like glue which is great !
Sweaty hands = rubberized...I have dry hands and cannot lift the deathadder black edition or the EC2-A

·
Registered
696 Posts
My most favouriite finish was Logitech g5, g3 g500 g700 side finish that felt a bit like sandpaper.

Felt good with dry cold hands. Felt good with moist hands as well

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
ninox aurora's surface is my favorite. never sweaty and it doesn't get dirty somehow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Best finish in my opinion is Mionix Castor

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

Dry hands = glossy...The EC1-Evo White and rival White stuck to my hand like glue which is great !
Sweaty hands = rubberized...I have dry hands and cannot lift the deathadder black edition or the EC2-A
Same here man.

I have dry hands and a preference for non-rubberized everything. I absolutely love the EC-A mice (and even the DA), but the coating/grips are horrible for me. I was actually thinking about trying this mod some guy on reddit did. At this point I'm content with the coating of the FM TP but honestly it looks like it would benefit any mouse I applied it to. Plus it looks kinda cool imo.

As others have stated, glossy works well for dry hands as far as grip, I just don't like how it feels.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i'm very curious to the PBT ducky to be honest. in terms of feel, that is.

i like the zowie FK2 a lot, i guess it's some kind of rubber-coat.
but on the other hand i don't really like the rubber-coat on the G400, or any kind of actual rubber grips, like some mice have on the sides.
not really a fan of glossy, because it quickly feels nasty. i guess i have oily skin? because i really like the grip/feel after i clean the glossy area, but it quickly feels greasy and i can't stand that.

my least favorite is the regular light-coated or non-coated ABS plastic. for example M1 and M2 on my G400 and intellimouse just feel nasty because the texture has been.. clicked away! gross and inconsistent feeling. it's fine in the beginning, but it takes maybe 2 weeks before the texture already starts to go.
this isn't really an issue anymore, though. most 'gamer' mice nowadays have some kind of coating for extra grip.

so yeah, Zowie FK2 coating for me. possibly PBT plastic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts