Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I used to build custom pc's and i guess to degree still do. However my current hobby is car audio... i have an amplifier that gets pretty hot and i'm struggling to keep it cool with just fans. Now i'm thinking of building in a closed loop to cool the heatsink... my rig is pretty intense so I need recommendations on the strongest compression fittings available. I expect I'll be using standard rubber hoses... hit me with recommendations!

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Eyewear

·
Registered
592 Posts
Some hot rod cars (past) used aircraft tubing that has flexible metal on the otter shell and, I think, rubber inside. The fittings are attached to the flex-tube with a hex-nut fittings. Since its rubber inside, I would recommend Mayhems as the coolant.
Product Gas Engineering Auto part Cylinder

However, you will need to find it in G1/4 size for all the blocks out there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just a thought as I am into sim racing with a full aluminum sim rig with high end direct drive wheel base and use bass shakers (haptics) for chassis/engine vibration and shifting thump.

Maybe isolating the amp/s and water cooling system would work?

I use rubber isolation to isolate the bass shaker effects on my sim rig (example: seat is isolated from rest of rig so effects I want only through seat do not get trough to the rest of the rest of rig frame where I do not want them and vise versa).

Another possible problem with water cooling in a high vibration environment is the possibility of generating a lot of air bubbles in the cooling loop and more specifically the water pump that could cause cavitation in the pump which would not be good.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'd go with Optimus compression fittings in 3/8 - 5/8 spec. Pair it with McMaster Carr EPDM tubing and these things are not going anywhere. I ran the same setup and you really need to pull/twist the tubing to get it off - after removing the locking collar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts