Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to build my first loop with a budget of $350, I'll be using a corsair 800D case and i7-950. I want it to look sexy with the color tube I want but someone told me to get this:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11...0c83s137#blank

Is that the best I could get for $350, I wanted to build my loop and have a nice cool look to it, I'll just be cooling my CPU and nothing more. Might extend later for video card but not sure.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
I would NOT get that kit if you really want good looks and performance. Here is what I would get instead:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickel
Swiftech MCP655
EK Laing D5 Reservoir Top
XSPC RX360 Radiator
Bitspower Compression Fittings for 3/8" ID 5/8" OD -x4
Bitspower 45 Angle Compression Fittings for 3/8" ID 5/8" OD - x2
Primochill Colored LRT Tubing 3/8" ID 5/8" OD
Silver Kill Coil
Distilled Water (buy this at local supermarket for $1 a gallon)

EDIT: Here is a picture of RatDog's Build, he has a similar setup:

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
That Swiftech kit is not a good deal. There's no reason for you to pay the premium to have a built-in pump and reservoir when you have a big case like the 800D.

I'd say get a Swiftech 355 pump with an aftermarket top. (There are some that basically are a reservoir that mounts to the pump) For the waterblock, I'd get a EK Supreme HF, and probably a XSPC RX360 radiator so you have some room for expansion.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
that kit is a rup off, for $350 you can get a top of the line custom cpu loop, i think i paid around $300 for my loop and i got the best parts avalible at the time for my loop and i coun't be happier, u have such a bigger case to work with too.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Actually, the kit consists of some of the best parts, but you are paying more for ease of use than anything. I sent you another email with a list, it should fall in-line with what you are looking for and you can still tweak to lower the price. Here is a SS of it:

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I'd go with something similar to Charlie's list. There are a few different reservoir tops available for Swiftech's 355 and 655 pumps, so take a look around and find something you like. Of course, you could get a reservoir that doesn't attach to the pump instead, like this.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t-ramp View Post
I'd go with something similar to Charlie's list. There are a few different reservoir tops available for Swiftech's 355 and 655 pumps, so take a look around and find something you like. Of course, you could get a reservoir that doesn't attach to the pump instead, like this.
The pic of my rig is actually the EK 150 advanced res I just used a male to male G1/4 fitting to attach the res to the EK D5 top.

I agree with Charlie's list as well (especially since most of that is what I own
)

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you have to get a kit, get the swiftech h20-220 ultima xt. It's got quality parts, and if you upgrade down the road, you'll probably end up keeping some of the parts.

Obviously, the best loop is going to be a custom loop. If you don't want custom, the above kit is the next best thing.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check the parts when I get home as I'm currently on my iPhone, I decided to max my budget at $400 this way I wouldn't need to upgrade for 2-3 years, as I don't play video games I don't need a block for my gtx 470 and just for my CPU. I'm buying the asus rampage III formula with corsair 800D case and corsair GT ram Which are red and black. Now that you know a bit of what I'm looking for I would love if the tubes are either red or black, for the wc system it would be cool if it's one of these colors or has a nice chrome look to it. I'm looking to get a i7-950 between 4ghz-4.5ghz with mo problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts