Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My videocamera microsd card is full. I need to get them on blu-ray disks. I got an old Plextor PX-LB950UE from my parents.
So now I just need the software.
I've seen there are alot of good buying software. Like blue-cloner. It is not free (well it got a trial period option too, but I want something permanent)

Do you know any good software that can burn blu-ray disks?

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hi, in my experience, for reliability and easy, you go:

1) Imgburn (this was the most recommended as the most compatible and infallible over at the CDFreaks forum ever since Blu rays came out).
2) CDBurnerXP Pro. I prefer this, because it's easy and has never failed verication.
3) Starburn: Its core engine is used in CDBurner XP Pro.
4) Burnaware. Easy to use, but tons of releases with verification errors. I actually lost data with this one, so i have it, but only in case of emergency, if something goes south with CDBurnerXP Pro. Don't believe me, check its release history logs and you will find that they just can't get the verification right, apart other bugs.

Worth mentioning:
- Anyburn (supports the more exotic audio formats).
- Ashampoo Burning Studio. There is an always free version and there are also frequent giveaways (i have tried many releases, the damn thing wouldn't function properly with my LiteON 112-2 drives. It would hang on finalization and made dozens of coasters. Before going to Blu ray it was my favourite, but now i can't use it..

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tryed downloading Imgburn. But regardless of what location I chose, my Kaspersky goes nuts over saying a adware file called AdWare.Win32.OpenCandy.dc is located within the software.

Then I looked here
https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-win32-opencandy/

I guess Imgburn is a no go. Are all free blu-ray burning software filled with something?

EDIT: forgot to mention I've also tryed burnaware. It wants to forceinstall ByteFence + Chromium + setting yahoo as default page. With no options to uncheck either.
Sigh.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
ImgBurn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

I tryed downloading Imgburn. But regardless of what location I chose, my Kaspersky goes nuts over saying a adware file called AdWare.Win32.OpenCandy.dc is located within the software.

Then I looked here

I guess Imgburn is a no go. Are all free blu-ray burning software filled with something?

EDIT: forgot to mention I've also tryed burnaware. It wants to forceinstall ByteFence + Chromium + setting yahoo as default page. With no options to uncheck either.
Sigh.
1. Run an elevated command prompt;
2. Navigate to the downloaded setup;
3. Execute:

Code:

Code:
SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe /S /D=C:\Program Files\ImgBurn
^
or any other directory specified as argument to the /D flag. Don't forget to add quotes if it has spaces in the name. Quotation marks might actually not be needed.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

ImgBurn
3. Execute:

Code:

Code:
^
or any other directory specified as argument to the /D flag. Don't forget to add quotes if it has spaces in the name. Quotation marks might actually not be needed.
WHat does this command do?
And can you can you tell me step by step how to do thid? Because with navigating to the downloaded link, do you just refer to right clicking on the icon?

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

ImgBurn
3. Execute:

Code:

Code:
^
WHat does this command do?
And can you can you tell me step by step how to do thid? Because with navigating to the downloaded link, do you just refer to right clicking on the icon?
Step 1 assumes that you've downloaded the setup from the website (for example, in D:\Setup\ImgBurn\ )
Seeing that you have Windows 7, do this in order to run an administrator-privileged command prompt:
Open Start, type in "cmd", right-click it and select Run as administrator.

Afterwards, navigate in the command prompt to the setup folder (using the one from the example three lines above):

Code:

Code:
D:
cd Setup\ImgBurn
(note that D: is used to change the partition you work in. If you download the setup in your C:\ drive, then there is no need to input that command, just cd to the folder that contains it)

Then type the command from Step 3.
/S is for Silent install
/D is for install Dir (for that parameter you need to specify the folder, following the = sign).

Supposedly this method of installing does not include the Candy stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Quote:

Then I looked here

Sigh.
OpenCandy is a PUP. Best thing to do is disconnect from internet before installing things and always read the installation screens to uncheck unwated things. Read this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514086/malwarebytes-found-pupoptionalopencandy-am-i-infected/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts