I'm planning on making a personal website to host my work (web design, photography, films, and various little tech projects). Since it's very media heavy, I realized I'd need a lot of bandwidth and space to host these things. (My 40 kbps home server isn't going to work very well
- I will pay for the domain myself
- I can't afford to pay for hosting. And these credit card offers don't count as "free".
- Videos will be hosted on youtube, and possibly Mediafire if needed. It's practically null bandwidth then.
- The photography would cause the most concern for hosting. I'd need quite a bit of bandwidth and storage for the photos. I'm willing use an ad supported site for the highest resolution pictures (We're talking 8MP images). I'm thinking 1024 X 768 would need to be loaded on the server itself.
- No ads on sections not related to downloads.