Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Need moar megahertz
852 Posts
There are some great headsets with different features,

For just a clear sound&voice headset ; Logitech Precision Pc Gaming Headset for 20$

Surround 5.1 ; Speedlink Medusa 5.1 USB is the best imo,90$ here. I couldnt get a link for USA,seems europe only. In that case Zalman 5.1 Ultimate for 45$ or LTB Pro 5.1 USB Gaming Headset for 85$ this one has EAX.

Force Feedback : Edimensional AudioFX ForceFeedback Gaming Headset for 42$

Force Feedback should be interesting for games,it can be annoying too but you can turn it off or adjust sensivity. LTB Pro seems to be the best money can get,with EAX support.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yea, I'd go with the LTB Pro as well...and it's good someone brought this up, cause I was looking into new headsets as well.

·
OG
1,594 Posts
Ya i've heard that that headset works great and it looks cool too

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Since you have onboard sound, think about the logitech usb 350 headset. It was about $35 and it has great sound and doesn't use a lot of cpu power, at least compared to onboard.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindredice

For just a clear sound&voice headset ; Logitech Precision Pc Gaming Headset for 20$

Eww, I bought one of those once and they sound horrible. Not to mention they a pain in the ass to wear. If you want a all around cheap affordable headset like that you cant go wrong with a Plantronics Audio .90. I'm actually going to buy one of those later today. It is only around $20 US at newegg. Its a good alternative to the Logitech Precision headset. They sound great, the mic is good, and its somewhat more comfortable to wear, but I only buy these because they're pretty cheap yet sound very nice.

However you're willing to spend a lot more than $20 bucks on a headset and there are so many great quality ones out there in your price range. I myself am looking for something better than Audio .90s so I'll be following this thread later today

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106014 - Heres the link for audio .90s. I doubt you'll settle for these, but just incase you accidently break your expensive headset you'll be buying these will make a good cheap replacement untill you can get another expensive headset again.

EDIT: They also have a "Gamecom" $20~ one, not sure what the difference is. There is also a GamecomPro which is USB, but I have no experience with those and how good they are.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
They are much pricier, but the Medusa 5.1 Headphones always get stellar reviews.

Myself, I use the Logitech precision gaming headphones, they were an inexpensive impulse buy, but I like them. They have an open-air design so your head doesn't get all sweaty like with my studio headphones. The drivers are quite large and it has a decent frequency response window. On the downside, the open-air design destroys the bass response, but tweaking the equalizer fixed the problem.

The noise-cancelling mic works flawlessly and is perfect. They are comfortable for long wear. and the cords are extra long.

Overall, good for the price.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i think that the sennheise pc155s with usb is the best gaming headset overall, handsdown. i got a pair and was atfirst weary because of how much i paid for them, but they are completely worth it, the sound quality they provide is awesome and the microphone is great. also, you dotn have to worry about having a crappy sound card because they have a built in usb one so youre always guaranteed to have perfect sound

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106381

·
Banned
27 Posts
I've got a pair of Zalman's, and they are perfect, they are comfortable and sound great. and they actually have 6 speakers, does the LTB have 6 speakers? or is it virtual crap....?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826159004
I have the LTB pro's and love them. Great sound and very comfortable. They will also plug in directly without the usb connector.I use the headphone jack on my speaker control panel and run an extension cord for the mic to plug into the soundcard.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have a speedlink Medusa and I love it

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have the forcefeedback and I love them
Its my first real quality headset and its great. The vibrations at first are really cool and it makes games a tad bit more realistic. The sound quality is amazing but it does not have 5.1 support. Great headphones overall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts