Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been explained already, but I am planing on making a new computer, dedicated to gaming.

I have used many distro's of linux before but I never found one that was good for gaming. Does anyone have a favirote distro? Or one they found good for gaming?
I usualy play HL, but i want to be able to play HL2(i realize that I should probably use Xp for the driver support) but if I can I want to play other games on linux, Widnows has WAY too many security holes in it that I don;'t want to worry about fixing and watching.

Thanks all!

Dynamicman out...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You answered your own question, there aren't any Linux platforms that are particularly good for gaming because of the lack of good driver support. But Linux is becoming more mainstream and driver support is beginning to pick up, so there might be a gaming furture for it some time soon. Just grab yourself a good firewall, or even a hardware one, and you'll be fine, or just be like me and reinstall Windows every 6 months, it's a Pain in the ass, but it works

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicPerformance View Post

I don't know if this has been explained already, but I am planing on making a new computer, dedicated to gaming.

I have used many distro's of linux before but I never found one that was good for gaming. Does anyone have a favirote distro? Or one they found good for gaming?

I usualy play HL, but i want to be able to play HL2(i realize that I should probably use Xp for the driver support) but if I can I want to play other games on linux, Widnows has WAY too many security holes in it that I don;'t want to worry about fixing and watching.

Thanks all!

Dynamicman out...
'STEAM' does Linux now...

'HL2' ala Linux

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Jeebus first it was the 2003 necro on LQ now a 2004 necro on OCN..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts