Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Just another nerd
5,889 Posts
I would probably go with a GTX 560 TI for that res.

·
Just another nerd
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
While The Master Chief is correct for res of 1440x900 as you have asked about, have you considered you may end up upgrading your monitor as well before your next GPU?

So a 560Ti or 6850 would be a good option for you. having said that if money is tight then you caould get a 5770 now and then get a second if later to Crossfire if you need more umph!

Also what is the budget?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just wondering really got both a gtx480 in this rig and a gtx465 sitting about, had a xfx5770 and after reading various posts etc on different threads in regards to new builds and what size monitor etc, the general feeling im getting is that maybe both these cards i have is overkill for my res... which i suppose is a good thing... least i can max out settings etc just looking for feedback cheers

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmagicians;13110458
keep 480 or sell it...?? still got a 465 knocking bout also... still suffice?
.. you have a GTX 480 and you want a new card for 1400x900p ?
What kind of issues does it suffer ?

A 465 should do fine too.

EDIT: Ah .. I just read your previous post.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
The 560 would be a tad more future proof...especially if you increase resolution in the future, and if you did require some more muscle, you can always SLI it.

Edit: you have a 480? Keep it...you're already good to go.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmagicians
View Post

have no issues... been amazing just wondering if its overkill, and why etc just for my own future ref for future builds etc

I suggest, like the other guy, a better monitor (with higher resolution ofc.) instead of a new GPU. You are more than fine already.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Why everyone say "its a tad overkill" ?!?!?! dont get it at all..

Before my current monitor i had a 1440*900 HP 19" WITH a 470; overkill?!?!?! some say yes, but there its nothing like turn every single gfx effects to the max (even on nvidia control panel when in-game its not enough) and enjoy a silky smooth game experience !!

Metro 2033 maxed?!?! yep BC2 Maxed with 32x AA?!?! YEP.. ANYTHING

ALWAYS go to the biggest GFX card you can buy no matter what.. period!!!!

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
Guys he doesn't want to buy a new card he just wants to know.

My GTS 450 is maxing most older games at 1440x900, but Metro, Crysis, and Just Cause 2 all struggle a bit. I think a HD6850 or GTX 460 1GB would be ideal for 19" res.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts