Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Metro 2033 benchmark on very high ~15 runs with no crash or artificating and your stable.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
IMO, 3dmark11, and any furmark (ie:MSI Kombustor) test for 10+min, then any 2 games of your choice 15+min each, if stable and artifact free in all of the "tests", then your fine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconroy135;12024025
Metro 2033 benchmark on very high ~15 runs with no crash or artificating and your stable.
Im meaning a dedicated program not a game. good suggestion though, might give me an excuse to buy Metro

·
Registered
898 Posts
OCCT you can enable error checking which will show you how many errors there are after you have finished the time you decided to run the stress test

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 182515;12024071
Im meaning a dedicated program not a game. good suggestion though, might give me an excuse to buy Metro
No you don't understand, the new nVidia chips cannot be tested with synthetic torture tests. You have to use benchmarks that heavily stress your GPUs(99%). The benchmarks that actually does this is Metro 2033(it puts both my 580s at 99% SLI)

Now you can use other "Synthetic" gpu benchmarks as well, but you cannot use anything based off of Furmark.

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
I know ATiTool used to show a count of artifact errors IIRC, I stopped using that and started using GPUTool though when it came out, which is kinda similar to FurMark.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tconroy135
View Post

No you don't understand, the new nVidia chips cannot be tested with synthetic torture tests. You have to use benchmarks that heavily stress your GPUs(99%). The benchmarks that actually does this is Metro 2033(it puts both my 580s at 99% SLI)

Now you can use other "Synthetic" gpu benchmarks as well, but you cannot use anything based off of Furmark.

Hurr durr he's using a 470, which doesn't have the "protection" that the new nVidia (5xx) cards have.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoBeardy
View Post

I know ATiTool used to show a count of artifact errors IIRC, I stopped using that and started using GPUTool though when it came out, which is kinda similar to FurMark.

ATI tool is still good, I use it when Overclocking, can usually tell very quickly if the overclock is bad.

·
Iconoclast
30,943 Posts
OCCT.

ATITool is dated and no longer really worthwhile for artifact checking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tconroy135
View Post

You can disable the power throttling on the GF1x4 cards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts