Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I would like to know what is the best graphic card because I have heard a lot of good news about both the ati and nvidia so I am kind of undecided of which to buy. I am planning to buy the best for each brand that is AGP8x compatible. So can anyone of you tell me which to buy and what brand.

·
Registered
712 Posts
what's your price range and are you gaming or media encoding?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
The best for each brand? Well, for ATI its probably the X850XTPE, for Nvidia the 6800Ultra.

However, the 6800GT can be fairly easily overclocked to Ultra status, saving yourself a small fortune in the process.

For a budget card you can't beat a 6600GT, for their price they rock.

EDIT: hmmm, but is the X850XTPE available in AGP flavour? I know nothing, maybe not. The X800XTPE is available in AGP...

Oh yeah, and if you want the ultimate graphics, SLI with 2 6800GT/Ultra is the path to follow

• Rep+
Reactions: Buster

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

The best for each brand? Well, for ATI its probably the X850XTPE, for Nvidia the 6800Ultra.

However, the 6800GT can be fairly easily overclocked to Ultra status, saving yourself a small fortune in the process.

EDIT: hmmm, but is the X850XTPE available in AGP flavour? I know nothing, maybe not. The X800XTPE is available in AGP...

Oh yeah, and if you want the ultimate graphics, SLI with 2 6800GT/Ultra is the path to follow

Well, is ati better or nvidia better? That's the problem that I am trying to decide. I don't care about how much money they cost, all I care is if they are good or not. So can you help me?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster

Well, is ati better or nvidia better? That's the problem that I am trying to decide. I don't care about how much money they cost, all I care is if they are good or not. So can you help me?

Well it is all about what kind of make of card you want both card companies are great (nvidia and ati) so it is all about taste in which to get. And for some specs ati does better in far cry and hl2, but nvidia does better in doom 3. But in the end it is all about the brand of card you have a taste for.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

its only pcie. also i think the XT can be oc'd to PE speeds......its like 20mhz difference with same hsf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts