Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time picking which 970 I should go with to water cool and overclock, currently i'm favoring the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G but I've read the stock air cooler is great. I want a full cpu and gpu custom loop though, tough decisions for me so I would love it if I could get some opinions on the matter. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yeah my friend just got that MSI 970 and I'm amazed at how cool and quiet it is. If you're going to water cool then my vote goes to an Asus Strix.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
The 970 Strix isn't anything special though.. it's the 980 that's a different story AFAIK? I don't think personally any of the 970 deserve to be WC, they're too cheap to waste money on for a block.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

The 970 Strix isn't anything special though.. it's the 980 that's a different story AFAIK? I don't think personally any of the 970 deserve to be WC, they're too cheap to waste money on for a block.
I feel the price and performance of the 970 beats the 980, maybe I could just SLI some 970s but im thinking that might be a little too expensive either way (980 or 970 SLI)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

Actually you're right, the 980 strix is what I'm really basing that on. I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to say it isn't worth water cooling a 970 though. If anything I see it as a positive that you could put a 970 under water cheaper than you could get a stock 980.

Did you already give this thread a thorough read? Some really good info in here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1516121/gtx-970-comparison-strix-vs-msi-gaming-vs-gigabyte-g1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts