Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha I know this is an extreme question but I am going on a road trip and I am stuck traveling with them. I just want to know what the most comforting headphones are, I will be listening to podcasts, heavy metal, and old country like hank williams etc... I don't want to pay an arm and a leg because I will probably chew them
. lol

EDIT: over ear preferred . http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1957327 I was considering this

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have a look at Philips SHP2500. They're not amazing and nowhere near audiophile but for the price, I think they do VERY well, just don't turn the volume up too high.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Honestly. you'll be insane not to go $4 more and buy the JVC RX-700.

However, they are more suited to home use.

For portable over-the-ear stuff, I'll mention three:

Koss Porta Pro
Koss KSC-75
Sennheiser PX100

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
As I mentioned above, the RX700 isn't designed for portablility and on-the-go.

For that and within your budget:

Koss Porta Pro
Koss KSC-75
Sennheiser PX100

Any of those three.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi
View Post

As I mentioned above, the RX700 isn't designed for portablility and on-the-go.

For that and within your budget:

Koss Porta Pro
Koss KSC-75
Sennheiser PX100

Any of those three.

I usually agree with you, but IMO open backs = epic fail for a road trip. Utter torture if your talking about freeway driving. You'll have to crank up the volume, or(and) suffer with not being able to hear a thing. ...brings back bad memories...before closed circumaural

To be honest, you're going to need a lot of isolation, so IEM's are highly recommended if you can put up with them. I'd look into JVC fx66 (air cusions). JVC fx33/fx34 (marshmallows) if you want to go cheaper.

Realize HD201 are bass light, and freeway sound takes away even more bass. And rx700 will make you look like a freak if you care

IMO if you're just looking for a pair to get beat up just for the trip I'd go with the eh150 (@ post above), or hd202. (haven't read much about hd205, but I'm sure they'd be just as good). Hard to pass up eh150 for that price. They're basically hd202 with tamed bass if what I've read is correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts