Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a Zen Xfi Fi2 that plays FLAC and i need to know the best headphones i can get, i dont like in ear ones caues i cant get them to stay in so i will take full style ones if needed. i want crisp clear sound and good bass. price is under 70 bucks

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
yea, theres some on new egg that arent as good as these sonys for 39 bucks or somethign like that. if ur looking for GOOD sennheiser then 70 bucks probably aint enough haha. but let me see what i can find

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
tbh, I'd rather get a Sansa Fuze than an X-fi tbh.

Remember though, there are two distinct types of earphones:

Do you want earbuds:

or canalphones / IEMs?:

In-ears are much easier to fit.

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
tbh, I'd rather get a Sansa Fuze than an X-fi tbh.

Remember though, there are two distinct types of earphones:

Do you want earbuds:

or canalphones / IEMs?:

In-ears are much easier to fit.
i just dont like the way they feel, i had ear issues when i was a kid. but no im getting the Zen.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
The Fuze can play FLAC with a firmware upgrade although tbh, I see no point of playing lossless files on a portable rig + the Fuze is better sounding. The D2 suffers from bass rolloff.

Anyway, music tastes?

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

The Fuze can play FLAC with a firmware upgrade although tbh, I see no point of playing lossless files on a portable rig + the Fuze is better sounding. The D2 suffers from bass rolloff.

Anyway, music tastes?
i mainly listen to rock and classic rock.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Give the Sennheiser HD238 a go. The HD228 is another choice as well as the PX100. On the Creative side of things, there's the Aurvana Live! which is basically the Denon D1001. Frys.com and Fry's Electronics B&M has the CAL! for $69.90 which I find to be a most appealing price.

It sounds like you want it portable, which the Sennheiser HD5x5 and JVC HA-RX900 are not.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Quote:

Anyway, music tastes?
I agree with kiwi on both points, my portable(archos) plays FLAC, and really its not worth putting flac on a portable, especially when you only have 8 or 16 gig of memory.

The fuze and clip are both know for their high SQ and if creatives players still use the same software they used when I had one, the sansas would be much easier on that count too.

·
Just another nerd
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
X2 on the RX-900's best headphones quality wise under 100$....but if your going places look elsewhere. Cause they look ridiculous.
yet they are amazingly comfortable and sound unbelievable, weather hooked into my X-fi titanium or my ipod...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts