Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Iconoclast
30,421 Posts
Cogage/Silver Arrow (or IFX-14), Noctua NH-D14, Prolimatech Super Mega, Thermalright Venomous-X, Thermalright HR-02...take your pick.

• Rep+
Reactions: pistons50

·
Registered
736 Posts
HSF list is Cogage/Silver Arrow is very good then > ND14 but its big and in most instances covers some of ya ram slots i say go for either the Venomous-X cooler or the mega shadow in push-pull

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. + Rep More would be appreciated as well. I like to have a wide variety of choices. So keep the suggestions coming please.

·

13,000 Posts
Old fashion Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is still a great contender.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Noctua NH-D14 all the way & Thermalright Venomous-X is also good

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
If you are on a tight budget, you might want to consider the Thermaltake Frio, which is a pretty good HSF.

If you are on a low budget, then the CM Hyper 212+, Scythe Mugen 2, Xiggy Dark Knight are great budget coolers.

As for the top end coolers, the others above me have already listed all.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blameless View Post
Cogage/Silver Arrow (or IFX-14), Noctua NH-D14, Prolimatech Super Mega, Thermalright Venomous-X, Thermalright HR-02...take your pick.
Ditto, Also add in the Corsair H70. Its a sealed water loop and as easy as an air cooler install, with potentially better temps, so i would consider it.

·
OG AMD
8,877 Posts
TT Frio,Spire Thermax Eclipse II,Zaward Vapor 120,CM V6 GT,CM V10,Zalman CNPS,Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme.I would recommend the Prolimatech MegaShadow or Venomous X though.

·
Iconoclast
30,421 Posts
The TRUE copper is matched or beat by several lighter, less expensive, heatsinks.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Thermalright Silver Arrow, definitely.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
There isn't a best per se, the best depends on the case, ambient temps, case temps, airflow, fans used and how much heat internal components are generating.

Some say NH-D14, some go Megahalems and some prefer the Thermalright Silver Arrow.

Just based on my experience with it I'd say D14, but I've never tried other HSFs so I can't really be certain what will work for you.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Air Cooling
-Prolimatech Megahalem Rev.B
Water Cooling
-Corsair H70 (WaterCooler w/ everything in it-pump,radiator,fan,etc.)
-Corsair H50 (The older H all-in-one waterblock)

·
Registered
572 Posts
hey my friend, if you really want a beast as your title says you wanna go for the Noctua Nh-d14,

The silver arrow is a new cooler that so far has proven to be better in recent reviews than the Noctua... to really make sure it is the new king of the hill i would wait for more real reviews...

source

1 - 20 of 30 Posts