Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of ordering a Cooler master V8, but I know there are so many good ones out there.

Also, the v10? is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Megahalem

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems pretty unanimous. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the megahalem, I have seen containment units that hold the heatsink and two fans. Are those retail or homebrew?

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
^^ Pankie, if you're talking about these.. they come with Megahalems (a set of two). If you wanna do push/pull with two fans then you'd have to buy another set or just use some zip ties.

I'm using Megahalems right now and the temps have been pretty good so far (mostly in the low 30's depends on ambient). Might try Noctua NH-U12DX on my next build.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh okay I see now. This is going to be fun

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, you even have the monitor I was planning to buy. /drool

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Noctua NH-D14

/thread

·
Registered
513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

Noctua NH-D14

/thread

if ever i will change my cooler, i will definitely go with this. this is a monster.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the megahalems, which config would be the best? Push pull through rear exhaust or push / pull through top exhaust? My case has two top exhausts anyway so I'm not really sure, I'm thinking through rear, because i can mount two fans on the grill of the case to make a ton of airflow through the case.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
do it the standard way. I vote for megahalems + 38mm fan(s). You can mount two 25mm fans on the megahalems rev b in a push/pull config.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With my cosmos 1000 (bottom mounted psu), would it be best to use a horizon or vertical mounting of the Megahalem?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts