Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best internet security for someone who shops online? Please do not recommend mcafee or norton as they are crappy lo. I had bitdefender 2011 and loved it but after installing 2012 it stuffed all my network settings so I'm avoiding that too now.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
AVG or Kaspersky, Best ones out there imo

But tbh if you know what to click and what not to click you honestly don't really need any internet security. I havn't had any internet security for a long time, Last time i went to scan my computer was about 1 month ago and i had no viruses.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AVG gives way too many false positives. I rarely scan for viruses (once a year) and do use a lot of common sense when browsing but just like the security there for peace of mind

·
Registered
886 Posts
I find that AVG is generally quite intrusive. MSE is far less intrusive, but appears to be quite good as well. At least, it tends to do quite well in comparative testing online
smile.gif

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlus View Post

MSE is far less intrusive, but appears to be quite good as well. At least, it tends to do quite well in comparative testing online
smile.gif
I had it and uninstalled it as i didn't think it would be good. Is it that great? If i install that what firewall to use? Besides windows of course as it irritates me.

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINZDOGG View Post

MSE is 2nd best in my books, it does have a lot more false positives than AVG but yeah its definitely worth it.
biggrin.gif
MSE is one of MS' better products... I will give you that.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You can also use something like Comodo Firewall if you don't trust the Windows Firewall.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I use common sense pro... no subscription with lifetime updates, I suppose I could understand those that would need other forms of security if they only had access to the free edition.

biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Been using Avast! for quite a while now with no complaints, maybe a couple years or so. It doesn't bother me unless it needs to which is almost never. It might just advertise for a paid version whenever you update the program (not the definitions) which is also very infrequent. Finally, it is a lot more lightweight than AVG (at least it used to be last time I checked).

http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

1 - 20 of 26 Posts