Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best one for a quad? im about to sell my xig in hope for better temps.

i dont wanna spend much more than 60

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
^ That's a hard one.
But the closest price I can find for that and the best that matches with a lapped true with 2 fan is the Noctua nh-u12p? I think I spelled it right. (spelled it wrong now corrected)
Newegg has it for 60USD right now.

Though, it's missing another fan, but I think it should be pretty good. I was researching a lot abotu this. It's the best closest thing to TRUE out of the box. No need to lap. Lapping probably does help it, but it's good for the money.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont wanna lap lol. kinda why im leaving the xig. what about thermaltake ones?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjinsamax3
View Post

^ That's a hard one.
But the closest price I can find for that and the best that matches with a lapped true with 2 fan is the Noctua nh-u12p? I think I spelled it right. (spelled it wrong now corrected)

Though, it's missing another fan, but I think it should be pretty good. I was researching a lot abotu this. It's the best closest thing to TRUE out of the box. No need to lap. Lapping probably does help it, but it's good for the money.

Lapping the Noctua won't help as much as the TRUE (pretty bad stock). Either way for $60, the Noctua is probably your best bet. TRUE costs more after sandpaper and fans.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok that ill do thank you all very much +rep

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashnburn_819
View Post

Lapping the Noctua won't help as much as the TRUE (pretty bad stock). Either way for $60, the Noctua is probably your best bet. TRUE costs more after sandpaper and fans.

I thought the same, but it would depend. if you checked out ljason8eg, lapping it does make a little difference. But a difference is a difference. Though he did it with the CPU too. I read a lot and a lot of peopel sya it makes little different, but I was just saying that it does help a little.

And I was just ading more comment than I had to. Noctua is the best out of the box!
Socially approven?

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjinsamax3 View Post
^ That's a hard one.

Yeah the Noctua gets my vote

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
nactura or true
or if u wanna spend less the xiggy

·
Mac addict in recovery
230 Posts
The Scythe Mugen 2 looks attractive, it's priced about the same as the Xigmatek S1283 but comes with a bolt-thru mount (extra cost option on the Xig). XBitLabs thinks it's better than a TRUE, though they didn't actually compare them head-to-head.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
The Scythe Mugen 2 looks attractive, it's priced about the same as the Xigmatek S1283 but comes with a bolt-thru mount (extra cost option on the Xig). XBitLabs thinks it's better than a TRUE, though they didn't actually compare them head-to-head.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=211739

Is par with it but loses slightly, but then it's affordable unlike the TRUE.. both are affordable I guess, but I mean cheaper.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I kinda have the same question. I don't know how/want to "lap" my q66, so youall are saying that the Noctua would be the best air cooler?

I looked it up on egg, think it would be fruitful to add a second fan on the other side or no?

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Have had good temps with the Xigmatek 1284ee with bracket, i wouldn't use the plastic pegs on anything. Fan can be configured in push or pull. Can be a pain to setup two fans as they use the rubber pegs that lock into the heatsink fins.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts