Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.
Few days i looking on various review`s and testes.
Dozens.
LM and pastes for delid.
I`m stoped on next variants:

Pastes -
Cooler Master MasterGel Maker Nano
Kryonaut
Thermalright Chill Factor III
Phobya HeGrease Extreme
Coolaboratory Liquid Copper

LM -
Conductonaut
Coolaboratory Liquid Pro
Phobya LM
EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme

What is best?

· The last VRM burner
2,852 Posts
Kryonaut + Conductonaut. Indigo price is mad and it's not even correlated to its performance. Unless you go for LN2 or dry ice overclocking, do not consider regular paste under IHS.

· Registered
3,814 Posts
I like Conductonaut and Thermalright TFX.

· 49 Cans of Ravioli
36,853 Posts
anyone remember when people used to make a thread just about every week asking if they could OC their PC higher if they stuck it in a mini fridge?

I think thermal paste threads are the modern 2019 reincarnation.

· Overclocker
11,665 Posts
There are some newer higher thermal conductivity pastes, like those Thermalright and maybe other. I'm fine with Gelid GC Extreme.

The problem rather is which one can you find to buy and isn't overpriced.

If the Kryonaut runs like a river, I would run away from it. Nothing worse than thin running pastes if you want it to last and be used universally.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all.
My concept has changed, now I am planning only Direct Die.
So, only liquid metal a needed.

Which one to choose - Liquid Pro or Thermalright Silver King?

I`m finding comparison between Conductonaut and Silver King.
https://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/m/mikantabenagara/20190629/20190629041418.jpg
https://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/m/mikantabenagara/20190629/20190629041423.jpg
But i must choose one sure.
Pro - 82.1 W, SK - 79, but needed tested on practice i believe.

· Registered
697 Posts
I am blown away by kryonaut. I was using arctic mx-4 before and decided to switch to Kryonaut. My system stressed basically runs at least 4-5 degrees cooler. I was very surprised. I applied it following the directions using the spreader instead of the pea method this time and it seems to work.

· Overclocking Enthusiast
7,044 Posts
I found Thermalright TFX to be better then kryonaut. But it is a lot more expensive. So i find myself buying the Kryonaut more often. :)

· The last VRM burner
2,852 Posts
I am blown away by kryonaut. I was using arctic mx-4 before and decided to switch to Kryonaut. My system stressed basically runs at least 4-5 degrees cooler. I was very surprised. I applied it following the directions using the spreader instead of the pea method this time and it seems to work.

Are you sure it's not related to some other factor? I've seen no difference between Kryonaut and MX-4 on my rig, guru3d also had 2C difference, which could be a methodology error as well.

· Overclocker in training
14,851 Posts
Hi,
Indeed thermal grizzly and even NT-H1 is only 1c apart.
Usually application/ tightening is the issue.

· Registered
697 Posts
Are you sure it's not related to some other factor? I've seen no difference between Kryonaut and MX-4 on my rig, guru3d also had 2C difference, which could be a methodology error as well.
It could be that I spread the paste better doing it manually or maybe I was using "old MX-4" paste (not sure if thermal paste has a shelf life).

· The last VRM burner
2,852 Posts
Would this change if they didn't use heatsinks for testing but with a waterblock and a very high core count?

Not if IHS is present, excluding the thermal interface between silicon and the IHS, the cap is the most impactful barrier for heat transfer, thermal paste mostly does not matter. Unless it's a really trash paste of course.

· Registered
3,704 Posts
Kryonaut and Conductonaut typically end up on top in most benchmarks. I honestly use MX-4 most of the time, my temps are unchanged compared to Kryonaut and it spreads way easier.
However, the last 3 tubes of Kryonaut from 3 different sources and every tube have been like dried up Play-Doh.

· Overclocker in training
14,851 Posts
Would this change if they didn't use heatsinks for testing but with a waterblock and a very high core count?
Hi,
Doubt it would mater if an air cooler or water cooler were used if that's what you mean.
Thermal paste application usually only matters how well either perform.

· Registered
739 Posts
i like NT-H2, Cooler Master MasterGel, and MX-4. Kryonaut is good, but from my experience it doesn't last long. when i had my 9900k i had to repaste every few months. same when i had my 2700x. MasterGel is nearly as good as Kryonaut but lasts a lot longer. it did very well on my 9900k. now on my 3900x i've been running NT-H2 and its been going strong. though i do have Kryonaut on my 2070 super and its been doing well. actually thinking about it, it did well on my vega 56 too. don't know why on my 9900k and 2700x it didn't fair well.

· Registered
598 Posts
I have 4 types here.

Kyronaut
Conductonaut
NT-H1`
NT-H2

Ive tried on several locations.

Conductonaut is the clear winner here for all but comes with downsides.

Used it for my laptop GPU and CPU (6700HQ+970M) and it lowered temps by a substantial amount compared to the stock paste. Like about 10 degrees for the CPU and a bit less for the GPU but the GPU would boost higher.

Used it for my Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super and they rank as follows:
Conductonaut: 65 degrees max
Kyronaut: 71 degrees max
NT-H1: 74 degrees max
NT-H2: 72 degrees max

Finally I used the pastes for my 3800X and 480x30 rad surface and Raystorm Pro AM4 block (lapped). OCCT stress temps

Conductonaut: 68 degrees
Kyronaut: 71 degrees
NT-H1: 71 degrees
NT-H2: 71 degrees

But conductonaut is eating into the IHS so I quit using it.

I still use it for my laptop and GPU though. Works like a charm.

· Registered
158 Posts
I use GD900 for all ambient testing and KPX for anything below 0C.

GD900 is nice because I can buy it 150G at a time for $15.00. Works well enough and doesn't give me issues.

I never use a pea method or any such nonsense as spreading it always makes sure of proper contact

· I Love this Hobby!
7,944 Posts
My faves are Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra and Tuniq TX-4.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.