Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Facepalm
11,646 Posts
Why didn't you guys mention Thermalright TFX? That is a few C better than Kryonaut after it cures a bit.
and for liquid metal, just make your own galinstan and stop wasting money on prepackaged overpriced stuff.
You can make 150 grams of galinstan for $80. Not hard to get the materials (100g Gallium, 40g indium, 10g tin, a crucible and some syringes with needle nose tips is all you need!).

· Registered
19 Posts
Liquid Metal (LM) thermal interface materials (TIM) have almost the exact same composition and their claimed thermal conductivity is probably overstated by a factor of two. I did some spectroscopy on some of them 1-1/2 years ago.
LM is still the best thermal interface material you can get at the moment in terms of thermal conductivity and its ability to wick and spread thin, but every time I see or hear and ad for LM with a thermal conductivity called out it irks me to no end.

There is no agreed upon ISO/ANSI/ASME/ASTM standard for testing TIM but there are testing standards for the raw thermal conductivity of a material. These tests basically measure the thermal gradient across a known distance at the center of a sufficiently large surface. It being a liquid/paste makes it a bit more difficult in terms of containment, but not an insurmountable issue. While the amount of TIM required to perform this test is substantial for an individual, why LM TIM companies doesn't just do this is beyond me. Instead they rely on tests that try to measure the thermal conductivity with incredibly thin samples.

Then again, testing TIM by thermal conductivity alone is utter bull. At two interfaces, it is the contact resistance is what really that matters. Ideally, the TIM shouldn't even form a layer, only fill in the troughs in the surface roughness.
However, testing contact resistance gets way more complicated as variables such as particulate sizing in the TIM; surface roughness, hardness, and elasticity of the two interfaces; and contact pressure are all variables that would have to be accounted for.

· Premium Member
166 Posts
Lol, *** is up with the price?! :D Can't wait for the reviews.

I got some from PPCs, it’s roughly 30-40$ more than the same size regular Kryonaut. I was running low on paste and I like to tinker so yolo on the snake oil paste:). I will be testing it out once my Optimus block arrives, also when Ampere is out and we get blocks:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Premium Member
166 Posts
So I did try the Kryonaut Extreme. However, it was in conjunction with swapping over to a new water block as well. I did see a roughly 5-7c difference in temps but it’s hard to say which contributed what percentage of that drop in temp. I did come across this recent vid on YouTube regarding this exact subject:

If you don’t want to spend the time watching, Kingpin KPX > all, but they were all really close. I think where the extreme may be worth the money will be ln2, where it supposedly will not crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
5,448 Posts
So, it's basically chinese / asian kryonaut. It performs exactly the same.

Meh, I'll stick to PK3 as long as my 30gr tube will last and after that I'd have to find something else I guess as PK3 is not really available anymore. At least not the big tubes.

· Banned
1,319 Posts
When the conversation goes to nations and trust.
I would trust a product this made in Taiwan instead of China.
Taiwan has the bad habit to get certifications and approvals for anything this is about to get exported at the west world.

My latest choice this is in favor of Prolimatech Pk-2 Nano 5 Gram VS Somewhat reputable brand within China mainland only.

· - Insanity Beckons -
5,060 Posts
When the conversation goes to nations and trust.
Any nation that doesn't promote WAR and profits from them on a daily basis, is a country worth trusting on an every level.

China has never started or promoted any Wars on Planet Earth or even profited from them in any way. But the United States whole economy is based upon that horrid behaviour.

I would trust a product this made in Taiwan instead of China.
Taiwan is just a 'suburb' of China so yes trusting them is equal to trusting the mainland and why not?

· Banned
1,319 Posts
Taiwan is just a 'suburb' of China so yes trusting them is equal to trusting the mainland and why not?
The prime-minister of Taiwan will disagree with your version of description, Taiwan was for years under Japanese occupation, after their liberation they become No1 as technology innovators with USA funding and Japanese influence about perfection in their work, and their products was sold (exported) mainly in USA by them be compliant with USA safety and quality standards.
You must be one of few Canadians not be aware with international - Asian and Western markets development 1980 up to 2021.
All the Taiwanese CEO that I talk with, they have study at American Universities, and now they send their kids to them.

· Banned
1,319 Posts
I did receive my Prolimatech Pk-2 Nano , but it does not make sense using it yet with such weather LOL

Office supplies Office equipment Gadget Gas Audio equipment

· Registered
5,448 Posts
I recently switched back from Conductonaut to Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra and I'm never going back to Conductonaut lol.

CLU is so much easier to apply, way less runny so less chance of it running off into the socket or GPU die area.

Temps are identical. There is no difference at all between CLU and Conductonaut.

So yeah, my personal opinion is that Liquid Ultra is still much better and easier to work with than Conductonaut.

As for normal paste, Prolimatech PK-3 is still my preferred paste but that is hard to get in large 30 gram packages and mine's almost empty lol. KPX or Cooler Master Mastergel Maker Nano is a good but expensive alternative.

· Banned
1,319 Posts
As for normal paste, Prolimatech PK-3 is still my preferred paste but that is hard to get in large 30 gram packages and mine's almost empty lol. KPX or Cooler Master Mastergel Maker Nano is a good but expensive alternative.

The description normal paste for the Prolimatech PK series, this sounds as insult. :p
There is a train in length as listing of 40 products them be poor performers.
The 20 worst ones, they are Normal Paste for regular electronics applications.

· Rig Advisor
4,986 Posts
The description normal paste for the Prolimatech PK series, this sounds as insult. :p
There is a train in length as listing of 40 products them be poor performers.
The 20 worst ones, they are Normal Paste for regular electronics applications.
I knew there was a reason I blocked you. But for some unknown reason, I keep clicking "Show ignored content" thinking that something you say might actually make sense. Alas, it never does.

· Banned
1,319 Posts
I knew there was a reason I blocked you. But for some unknown reason, I keep clicking "Show ignored content" thinking that something you say might actually make sense. Alas, it never does.
You have my sympathy , I am also thinking to block 99% of forum users too.
They nag all day long about other people opinions because they have nothing better to do.

· Registered
5,448 Posts
I don't know why I even respond to this but with normal paste I simply mean non-conductive, non-metal based paste.

PK3 is still miles ahead of every other paste I ever used, it spreads super easily with the dot / line method, incredibly consistent mounts, never dries out, top 10 performance.. only thing that can come close is KPX but that stuff is like molten hot glue it's sooo sticky and Master Gel Maker Nano but this has corrosive diamond particles that I don't like on bare dies.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.