Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Distilled water + biocide (silver coil or PT Nuke -PHN).

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Distilled water + biocide (silver coil or PT Nuke -PHN).

This^

Stay away from that store-bought stuff.

·
Registered
63 Posts
or if you want anti corrosion because you mixed metals like me, Find some automotive anitfreeze of your choice and let the mixture be 96% distilled water and 4% antifreeze.
THe antifreeze has a little coolant in it along with it being very toxic, kills any bacteria which is like biocide and adds a nice little color to the loop. Temp difference? In my loop by adding antifreeze i stayed the same temp and lowered a little under load....

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LayneRuley
View Post

or if you want anti corrosion because you mixed metals like me, Find some automotive anitfreeze of your choice and let the mixture be 96% distilled water and 4% antifreeze.
THe antifreeze has a little coolant in it along with it being very toxic, kills any bacteria which is like biocide and adds a nice little color to the loop. Temp difference? In my loop by adding antifreeze i stayed the same temp and lowered a little under load....

That wasn't because of the added coolant. Radiator coolant has a lower heat capacity than water, so adding coolant should increase your temperatures, if only slightly. (<0.1C for a 4% solution)

You definitely fixed an unrelated problem when you added the anti-freeze, or your ambients went down.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Distilled water + PT NUKE.

I'm not into water cooling and I know that. People post it like everyday!

I might actually move to real loop this winter but I'm scared of leaks and killing my computer. I wish someone local would come and help me do it

·
Daniel Symonds
1,160 Posts

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xraven771
View Post

is it ok to use PT Nuke with - PrimoChill-Dye-Bomb :/

Yes.

I hate dyes with a passion myself because it stains just about everything. If used excessively it can even clog up. I bought a pump used by a dye-fan and the inlet was partially clogged with Feser-crap.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that distilled + AC Fluid is the best option. Far better than PT Nuke.

AC Fluid and PT Nuke is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LayneRuley
View Post

I am the same like ^, and really my temp is little down with good antifreeze coolant..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts