Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Of the ones I've personally seen, Eve has the highest quality visuals. WoW's engine is still kinda cartoony but quality of detail keeps getting better, Champions (and all other Cryptic games) look like comic books, even STO.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by monogoat
View Post

Probably the newest ones

Great answer. So well just say all.

As for best looking, um, AION is up there for me. As best looking tho....

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Aion for best looking

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geriden View Post
Age of Conan

without a doubt the best looking.
Definitely, AoC.

Why are you guys saying Aion???

The Aion graphics engine is based off of Cryengine 1. Heavily modded from what FarCry looked like, but nonetheless AoC wins in every way.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers View Post
Why are you guys saying Aion???

Have you played Aion? I've played AoC...Aion wins hands down

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualoon View Post
Have you played Aion? I've played AoC...Aion wins hands down
Aion uses lots of lighting to depict a better picture, which looks really odd to me.

And yes, I have had hands-on experience with both.

I'm not sayiong Aion looks bad, just not as good as AoC. But, in respect to Aion, AoC needs a monster computer to run it maxed (not normal among MMORPG's).

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers View Post
I'm not sayiong Aion looks bad, just not as good as AoC. But, in respect to Aion, AoC needs a monster computer to run it maxed (not normal among MMORPG's).
Very very true, my sig rig gets anywhere from 80-150 FPS in Aion though, so I can't complain too much.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Age of Conan, Sacred 2. But of course only when you run both titles maxed out. Aion looks nowhere near as good when it's maxed out, it looks more like WoW.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
View Post

Aion looks nowhere near as good when it's maxed out, it looks more like WoW.

No idea what's going on with it on your end then, as I run Aion with maxed settings @ 1920x1080 w/2AA and it looks nothing like WoW whatsoever.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Aoc should be on top along with Lord of the rings. APB is supposed to have nice gfx but im waiting for sunday's closed beta playtest to find out.
EDIT : As for TERA didnt the producers steal the Lineage 3 source codes when they got leaked? I think NCSoft took them to court.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Webrider
View Post

Aoc should be on top along with Lord of the rings. APB is supposed to have nice gfx but im waiting for sunday's closed beta playtest to find out.
EDIT : As for TERA didnt the producers steal the Lineage 3 source codes when they got leaked? I think NCSoft took them to court.

The developers core are made up of some of NCSoft's Lineage II staff. The lead developer was fired and lots of the team left to follow him to create Bluehole Studios. The work has been speculated to be Lineage III but it is not. NCSoft did take them to court and are suing them for a few million dollars.

Either way, TERA is on its way and its beautiful. I was a big L2 fan so to me, hopefully this will be my L3.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
While I would definitely love for WoW to look better, I don't play it for the graphics. However, after looking at Aion screens, it's mighty tempting to try it...

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
In terms of graphics, I actually like FFXI the most in all the MMO's I've played. Am I the only one? Age of Conan was quite nice as well; such a shame that the game had so many issues when I played

I haven't played too many:
AoC
Aion
CoH
FFXI
WoW

·
Registered
326 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts