Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for parts for my MOD im going to be starting mon-tues, ordering the rest of EVERYTHING i havnt ordered yet today. What I still need. You guys have some ideas where i can get some of these good modding parts? the only one i really know of mnpctech..

Modding a couple Rosewill Destroyers

U-channel
Case feet (any id
Case feet Leds
a good dremel
sleeving ( never sleeved before probably just order the $9.99 pre-packaged one from mnpctech)
Some 2-tone Black+White 120mm fans or just white.
and maybe other accessories. Just need a few good places to order from, ideas?

Also whats the difference in using Acrylic clear windows that mnpctech has rather than just using plexi-glass from home depot?

·
Banned
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also how much U channel do you guys think I will need, will 6ft be enough for a full size window on a mid tower?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts

·
Banned
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, i just ordered some blue sleeving kit from mnpctech.com and accidentilly paid for it rofl i was going to anyways but i didnt mean to finish it out like that, not a big deal but just curious...mnpctech doesnt give you an account or tracking or anything like that, I live in Atlanta, GA, USA, anyone have any idea about how long it will take to get here? Also it was a little weird the kit was 9.99 and it charged me 9.99 for shipping and didnt tell me how much shipping was..it was all too weird.

nvm..

After receiving Paypal payment, your order will be processed and shipped from Mnpctech
via UPS Ground within 24 hrs, Monday - Friday (Except for Holidays)

Your order confirmation is your UPS email notification of shipment.
5% Service fee on all canceled orders
Refunds and Exchanges

You must contact us within 3 business days of delivery for RMA number to
be eligiable for a refund or exchange

* We do not accept returns shipped C.O D.

* 15% restock fee on all non-defective returns.
This fee also applies to all canceled orders even though the order hasn't shipped.

* No refunds for original shipping charges.

* All returns must have valid RMA number or they will be refused.

* After being issued RMA number, you have 10 days to return
item to mnpctech

* All returned items must be in like new condition with all related
parts including screws, manuals, etc. If you have lost, thrown away, scratched or opened
sealed boxes or bags - we will not accept the item!

* Improper installation and/or modification voids all warranties or returns.

* Damage found upon receipt of your order must be reported to UPS, as the shipments are insured. I only replace the damage items after Ive received the damaged part.
I won't cross ship replacement parts until Ive seen proof of the damaged item.

Contact us via email to request RMA number.
We need your order number and full name and address order was shipped to.
Please tell us why you wish to return the product or what kind of problem youre having.
Paypal eCheck orders are not processed and shipped until eCheck has cleared.

Minnesota residents pay 6.5% sales tax for orders.
You will receive "Request Money" email notification from Paypal with sales tax amount.

·
Banned
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quick question, when you guys add 12" cathodes lighting kits, you guys choose the regular kits or the meteor effect? Also anyone have any preferences on case feet lighting? over the top? tacky? or nice? some seem to be tacky to me, anyone have any preferences on some decent ones?

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaded View Post
quick question, when you guys add 12" cathodes lighting kits, you guys choose the regular kits or the meteor effect? Also anyone have any preferences on case feet lighting? over the top? tacky? or nice? some seem to be tacky to me, anyone have any preferences on some decent ones?
Meteor lights are actually a series of LEDs and result in a more spotty/localized lighting effect rather than the broadcast illumination achieved with CCFLs.

I find lighted feet can be nice; the problem is that most of them have some sort of flashing to them, but if you set them to be always on it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Gotta give it to MNPC, I've ordered hundreds of dollars of stuff from them.

All of it is great quality and exactly as described (Mesh, sound proofing foam, tape I couldn't find locally, loads of other odds and ends)

All of it is shipped same or next day and all of it comes with a tracking number ---

Get a nice big "Thanks
" on the invoice too, as well as a few small samples / business cards.

Performance-PCs for my liquid cooling and case specific parts (Lian Li Bay Covers, Stealth Bay Drives, etc)

Frozen-CPU for what I can't find on Performance-PCs.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
All of the above are good places. Also, McMaster-Carr is awesome. They've got a great selection of a lot of the things you might need in a mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts